Chapter 11

I groaned as my father corrected me again, I folded my arms across my chest and narrowed my eyes at him. "This is pointless." I grumbled.

"Arabella, you need to be able to recover from shock. That is one of the reasons you didn't win as easily against Lycan and Payton the day Samuel was clawed." he explained. "It isn't pointless."

"I'm never going to get it!" I ranted, sitting on the bench.

He shook his head, his eyes reflected pity as he stared at me. "Why don't we call it a day? We've been training for the past three hours." 

"That would probably be the best thing." I replied, releasing a breath.

My father nodded while giving me a pat on the back, I grabbed my water and sighed. Ever since that fight a month or so ago, I've been trying to work on putting my emotions aside. I could have defended myself easily that day, but my shock was able to get out of hand and I was sloppy. I walked upstairs to take a shower, scrunching up my nose at the sweat all over me. 

Pushing open the door I walked over to my drawers, I searched through my clothes, frowning at them. I grinned when I found a pair of leggings and a nice short sleeved shirt. The bathroom door suddenly swung open, causing me to yelp in surprise. I spun on my heel, my eyes wide with shock. Samuel raised an eyebrow, amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Did I scare you?" he chuckled, walking over.

I frowned at him, "Yes."

He laughed some more and kissed me on the lips, "Vincent wants to hang out with me today." he voiced, grabbing a shirt.

I watched him silently, "Oh? Where are you two going?"

"To the bar." he smirked. "Don't worry, I won't get drunk."

"Better not."

"Honey, the amount of Vodka I'd have to drink in order to actually get drunk isn't possible." 

"Fifty bottles and you're done." I teased, flicking him on the nose. "Sure you're feeling up to it?"

"Yeah, we're only staying for an hour, he doesn't want to risk me passing out."

"Well, have fun and be careful. Please? Who's driving?"

"Him...since I never learned. Remember, our village relied on horses?" he grinned.

I laughed, "Your sister should update that village." 

"She will, she's determined to get everyone their license."  he replied, grabbing a pair of jeans.

After he left I took a warm shower, my thoughts drifted to my handsome fiance, a smile quickly making its way on my face. To think that we started out as enemies and ended up becoming lovers, even after the things we went through together. I was shocked by how much I loved him when I first realized it, I thought I would always hate him. However, almost losing him when Lycan stabbed him had me panicking. I was so scared that I would never be able to see him again, and being able to talk to the real Samuel only caused more attraction towards him. I liked him way better when he wasn't an angry bastard who I wanted to punch in the face twenty-four seven. 

I finished getting dressed and sighed, since Samuel wasn't currently here I didn't exactly have anyone to talk to. Emerald decided to return to her castle last night, needing to make sure her so called parents weren't there. My parents were currently in a meeting, talking about when they'll make Samuel and I the new rulers. The thought of it had a sick feeling washing over me, my anxiety wrapped around me. I have no idea how to rule, Samuel does at least,but what is a queen even supposed to do? Do I act like a Luna to the Alpha? Do I just stand there and support him?

I frowned, if he does come up with an idea I don't like then I will definitely fight him about it. I shook my head, I can think over this another time. I walked downstairs and sat in the kitchen, frowning at the wall. I grinned when my wolf started to whine, I hopped off the chair and sprinted outside. I ran through the woods, smiling and laughing as the fresh air hit me. I jumped and shifted mid-air, sighing as my muscles stretched. I landed on my paws and continued running, letting out a howl of joy. I ran for a while before laying beside that pond again. 

I pushed the memories of that one fight, not wanting to think of those terrifying moments. I drank some water and laid down, I rested my head on my paws, my eyes closed as I enjoyed nature. I eventually fell asleep, feeling at peace for the first time in a long time. 

"ARABELLA!" 

I shot up and blinked, the once sunny sky was now filled with blackness and dancing stars. The moon's silver light washed over the forest, covering it in the silver glow. I stood up, confused on how it become night time so quick. I shook out my fur and got ready to leave when Samuel's voice sounded in my head again.

I winced, this guy is going to give me a damn headache. "What?" I snapped.

"Where the hell are you? You've been gone for five hours!" he yelled, his voice panicked.

I sighed, "I'm in the forest, I fell asleep."

"Fell asleep? Are you kidding me? That's the dumbest thing you could do!" he barked.

I rolled my eyes and continued walking, I'm going to be in trouble when I get back. There's no doubt about that. I shifted once I returned to the clearing and searched around for an extra shirt, cussing myself out for forgetting an extra change of clothes.

"Looking for a shirt?" 

I froze and turned to see Samuel sitting on a log, his arms crossed over his chest and a very unhappy look on his face. I swallowed, he was one angry looking guy right now. I ran my hand through my hair, not even caring that I was naked in front of him. I could see his eyes becoming darker as he shamelessly checked me out.

"Yes, a shirt." I stated, folding my arms across my chest.

He frowned at me, but threw a black shirt my way. I swiftly threw it on and started walking back towards the castle when Samuel's arm suddenly wrapped around me. He pulled me against him and nuzzled his face into my neck. As he started kissing it I let out a soft moan.

"Please, don't ever scare me like that again." he whispered, turning me around. 

I looked up at him to see fear in his eyes, I smiled softly at him. "You're not angry with me?" I asked, hopeful.

He frowned, "Hell yes, I'm still angry at you. You scared me half to death! No one could find you!" 

"Samuel, I'm fine." I sighed, turning to walk away.

"Yes, but what if someone attacked you?"

"I can defend myself."

"Not if you're too shocked." he stated.

I froze, "I...I'm getting over that...slowly."

"Arabella..."

"Fine! I'm not completely over that, but I'm getting there. I won't do this again, okay?" I snapped, flashing him a glare.

"Oh, so now we're going to get angry because I'm showing that I care?" he growled lowly.

I rolled my eyes, "No, I just don't like being scolded like a child. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"I know that." he sighed in defeat, wrapping his arms around me.

I frowned, but gave in, this would be something stupid to get angry about. When we returned home I was yelled at by my parents and even Vincent, before they all decided to finally have dinner. I sighed as I sat beside Samuel, his arm wrapped around my shoulder. If there's one thing that makes me beyond happy, that's having Samuel sit beside me at dinner again, smiling. Hopefully it stays like this for a long time.

Author's note: I had a bit of writer's block during this chapter, so I tried writing through it...I know it's not the best thing, but I'll make the next one better :)