Chapter 42

Samuel

The next day I avoided Arabella, seeing that hardness in her eyes and the suspicion I knew we wouldn't be the same until she regained her memory. I locked myself in my room for most of the morning, trying to keep my wolf calm. Fighting the urge to turn feral had me drained of energy. It consisted of forcing the forced shifts to go away, forcing myself to block out my wolf, and dealing with the pain. By the time my wolf stopped for the day I was half awake.
Vincent found me an hour after, he sighed and held me. Telling me that I needed to start hanging out with Arabella.

"She doesn't like me." I whispered.

"Samuel...you can't keep doing this to yourself." He argued.

"Dad, she can't feel the bond."

"Try holding her hand or something, she'll feel the sparks."

I shook my head, "She won't let me close enough."

He sighed in defeat, he knew we would just have to wait until she got her memory back. I fell asleep, wondering if I can even hold on for that long.

When I woke up again no one was in my room, leaving me completely alone. Ever since I woke up in the hospital I've been the most lonely man. Arabella walked around the castle and talked to everyone, but I didn't. I would either go to the gym, take a walk in the gardens, or sit in my room.
I would join the meetings to plan about attacking Ryker every now an then, but it was awkward. Arabella attended every single one, wanting to be a part of whatever this is. Whenever we were in the same room there was nothing but tension in the air.
I would eventually give up and leave, telling them to explain it to me later. It was becoming frustrating, but I couldn't help it. My own mate wants nothing to do with me and my wolf is pressuring me into going feral. I was in pain every single day, a pain that didn't subside until my wolf backed down. Each day it was getting longer and each day I was losing my strength.
My mother pointed out that I was paler and thinner, but I only ignored her. I wasn't concerned for myself, it'll eventually get better, right?

A/N: I know short. It's short for a reason.