Chapter 12

The next day wasn't supposed to turn out psychotic, but it did anyway. Samuel had to return to his original home real quick to help his uncle with Emerald. When Emerald returned her so called father was sitting in the throne room, drunk out of his mind. Lucia was tied to the chair as she watched, helplessly, her choice mate beat Emerald. By the time her uncle found her she was in a pool of her own blood. Luckily, he saved her just in time so the doctor could heal her. Oh yeah, news flash, they ended up having a doctor from here go and work there. I was relieved to hear that she was alive and just healing, but her wolf was on edge. Every time a nurse tried checking on her she would growl and try to attack them. So, Samuel is going there to help them give her the medicine she needs. 

I shoved another cookie into my mouth as I read on Wattpad, these books are amazing! My mother ended up buying me some device called an Iphone and I'm now addicted. She laughed at me and told me that my old village really needed an update. I also found the movie everyone was obsessed about, Twilight. I frowned, I've read the books and they were way better. I scrunched up my nose at the so called werewolves. I watched all the movies throughout the morning and let me tell you, those wolves are weird. I mean, at least they got the transformation stuff correct. But still, when that werewolf dude was angry and almost attacked Bella, he looked like he was constipated. When we shift or try to control our anger we don't look like we're trying to take a dump. I only laughed when Jacob had suddenly shifted and protected her, if that were me, I'd dragged that wolf by his ear. I mean, the dude is the Chief's son for crying out loud! That basically makes him stronger than that guy and that Alpha...please. I don't consider him an alpha. Also, the whole no female werewolves and the one can't pass on the gene, annoyed me to no end. It would have been great to have some more female werewolves in there. Imagine that type of bitch fight. 

"Arabella?" 

I looked up to see my mother walking in, a grim look on her face. Worry quickly bubbled in my chest at thoughts of Samuel being injured. Again. 

"What?" I whispered.

She sighed, "It's about Samuel-

"Is he okay?" I shrieked, jumping up.

She nodded, "For five more years....come with me."

.

.

.

.

I stared at my parents, my eyes wide with shock and horror. I was going to lose him, eventually his human side will die off and so will he. I shook my head, furrowing my eyebrows in disbelief. I wanted to believe they were joking, but they weren't. Vincent's eyes held sorrow, I could see the unshed tears pooling in them. My heart broke for him too, he lost the one woman he loved to a monster of a man and now he's going to lose his only child. 

"B-but...Vincent...y-y-you're alive." I whispered.

He sighed, "Because I'm more human than wolf, the wolf gene is very dormant in me. It was a very rare possibility for me to produce a child or pup that would have a wolf and be able to shift. His mother's genes were very dominant, and once they combined with my genes..." he trailed off, knowing I already knew the rest.

I ran my hand through my hair, apparently a human/werewolf hybrid can only live up to twenty-five. Samuel is at least twenty, giving him only five more years to live. The gene itself isn't what kills these hybrids, it's what happens around the age of twenty-five. Eventually, the beast side of the hybrid takes over, killing the human side. I always thought they would just become a full werewolf, but they don't. Instead, they become completely feral, a danger to all living beings. Imagining Samuel going feral and killing many people, children included, broke my heart.