Chapter 20

Summer's POV:
1 month later
The wedding.

I'm getting married. Today. To Ali-Nooh. My dress has been laid out on the bed. Today is my Nikkah. Some Lebanese-Egyptian families have it earlier and then have the further two days and stuff later but we decided against it.

Right, so, dress. Floor length, slim, all gold from the top ending in a flowery way (to give it a Egyptian touch) and then the skirt is all white. A white veil and gold high heels. Gold bracelets and necklaces and earrings are everywhere.

It's beatiful. I sat down and let the make-up artist do my make-up. Yesterday I had a painful strip down of all of my bodily hair and now we're just applying foundation to my sore upper lip. Yay.

We came into the grand gold, white and black hall. Then at the stage was Ali-Nooh in a black blazer, gold silk tie, black shoes, black trousers and white shirt. He was sorting out his hair until he saw me. His mouth dropped open.

"Wow, Summer, you look... you look..."
"Stunning? Gorgeous? Perfect? Yeah, I know, it comes naturally. So do you." He laughed at my sass. Then smirked.
A million pictures were taken.
We both sat down and took more pictures until the Imam arrived to marry us.

"Monkey."
"Yeah, Ali?"
"You've been half-asleep and it's time for the Walima. I think those Auntie's are concerned about your mental health because all you've done is stare and laugh when nothing funny has happened."
"I'm tired leave me alone."

Where's the Walima?

"Where's the Walima?"
"Here. But not everyone has arrived yet." I looked around and it was true, apart from our close family who watched us write our Nikkah, the seats were empty. The food was laid out and people were coming in.

Then, I realised. I'm barely 20 and I'm married. I'm going to go home to a new house today with a man. A man! Is this all a mistake? Should I have waited longer?

Then I took one look at Ali smiling at me and the thoughts melted away.

We sat down and when the Walima had finally ended, 4 hours later, Ali walked over to me.

"I've been waiting for this for so long."

He said drawing closer and I felt his lips sink down on mine. The electricity was insane. Sparks were shooting around us in my head. I closed my eyes and felt him hold me closer.
Eventually we drew away and Ali took my hand, leading me off the stage.

"Come on, they're waiting for us outside, Monkey." We turned to his black Range Rover. Then, I threw the bouquet and tried not to cry. A girl I don't even know caught it and we went to our new house. Married.

Married. Summer's dress on the side. Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Bye x