Chapter 57

Summer's POV:
2 months later

We moved back into the house we lived in before Ali-Nooh died.
Ali-Nooh is talking to the kids.
Tonight's the first night we're spending in our new old home.

I slowly, made my way to the kitchen and trying to be as normal as possible, asked the kids what me and Dad should make for dinner.

They were slightly shocked about moving and calling Ali-Nooh Dad but when they're older, I'll tell them our story.
Right now, me and Ali-Nooh are making some pasta. Everything normal.
Perfect. As we ate dinner, Ali sidled up to me.

"It's Ibrahim's sentence is being... carried out tomorrow."
"They're going to put him on the electric chair tomorrow?"
"Yeah, it's all over the news."

Ali-Nooh's POV:

"Yeah, it's all over the news."
What isn't all over the news and the rest of New York doesn't know is that even though he's been given the death penalty but that won't make up for how's he broken us.

Slowly I walked up the stairs and into the room that held such bitter-sweet memories. Deep within these walls are stories that will forever remain. Haunting me...

After we showered and read Amelia and Haider a story, we laid down. I thought of how amazing yet terrifying my life has been up until this day. May 16th 2013.

The day everything went back to normal. Or as normal as it can get after what we've been through. Because even me and my hopeful self know we won't be the same again.

In the past 2 months, my mental freakouts and Summer's scared nature and nightmares only confirmed this. Summer has post traumatic stress disorder.

I just always have mental breakdowns and scream at Ibrahim to stop smashing my head. We're so much more serious and have lost most personality.

We also have burn marks to remind us of the pain if our minds don't. Right now, for the first time, Summer's sleeping quietly. Eventually, I fell asleep too.

"NOO! PLEASE! DON'T TAKE THEM! PLEEASE!" Summer screamed, thrashing around, sweating. I put my hand on hers and 'shh'ed until she calmed down.

"I'm here, it's okay, I'm here, I always will be."
"He... he, took you all away. He burnt you in our house, in front of me."
"That's not true. He's dead tomorrow. He'll leave you."
"Promise?"
"Promise."

I stared into Summer's grey eyes. Oh, how much I missed them. I sat up and put my hand on her soft cheek.
"Summer, you mean the world to me, you know?" I brushed a strand of her off her face and she slowly sat up.
"You mean the world to me. I love you." We put out foreheads together.

"I left you for so long. Not a day went by where I didn't think of you. My love, my life. I missed you so much.
We complete each other and after that hardship, I know that whatever life throws at us, we'll be able to handle it.

Even after all he did, we survived. We're scratched and scarred but we made it. We're broken. But we're broken together. Just because we're not dead doesn't mean we're not gone and never coming back..."

Book over! Now it's simply the epilogue. Then, I'll do a Q&A so comment or message me your questions, please.
That's the real reason behind the title.
I bet it's not your perfect ending seeing as they're scarred for life but hey, a writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do.
What do you think of Ali's final speech, #sumali or what?
This whole book started off as being dedicated to just PopcornSweetcorn but now it's PopcornSweetcorn, AASIAkhalif, sabrinali369 , comforts2013 and Muslimah350. I love you all, my main girls. But I love everyone who read this book from ghost readers to the main girls.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Goodbye x