Chapter 33

Summer's POV:
1 year later.

"Happy birthday!" We all yelled. Amelia and Haider are 1 today.
Yes it's been a year since they were born.
And a year and 2 months since Ali-Nooh died.

Some people have been pestering me to remarry but after Ali I've never felt with ANYONE a spark or a sense of security.
No-one's like him.

After our small party, I got up and got ready to visit Ali-Nooh's grave. Everyday after the twins were born in October.
I put on my clothes, my cardigan, everything and got in my car.

I had made promise to myself.
I would never leave or move to a place far away from where his body was, where his grave was.
Where my soul was also taken and buried next to the man I love.

After reading all of the prayers that are meant to be read in a graveyard or a place where there is one grave, I began to talk to him on the bench.

We buried him in a private graveyard where his family members had been buried.
There were only a few and in the middle, covered in my flowers was his.

"Hey. I'm back. God, it's quite early. It's 2pm and it's October so I'm quite cold. It was Haider and Amelia's birthday today.
October 12th they were born, Ali.
Do you wanna see a picture of them today?" I took out a picture of them and put it next to his grave.

Sometimes, if something was stressing me out whether it was big and about him or a petty argument with someone, I would always come to Ali-Nooh and pour my heart out to him.

But he's still gone and nothing I can do will ever change that.

I got up and went home. Then, I sat in the kitchen with my Mum.
"Mum, Ali's not here and I wish he was. It was his own children's first birthday and he missed it.
He missed their first steps and words too.
I love him and I need him but he's gone and never coming back."

Then, shocked, guilty and sad looking was Ali-Nooh's father.
He walked home and I swear I saw a tear in his eye and he didn't even cry on Ali's funeral.
He barely batted an eyelid at Ali's funeral.

So, talking about her life. Yay. What do you guys think will happen next?