Chapter 32

The exam soon started as they all gathered in front of their selected gate. Team 12 got gate 44 and Team 13 got gate 11. Team 13 had their gate right next to Team 7. After 30 minutes, the gates opened and they were allowed to enter the forest. They could actually hear Naruto's shouting from their area. Team 13, not wanting to spend too long in the forest started running towards the center of the forest, where the tower was. They were bound to run into an enemy on the way there that were after their earth scroll. 

Just 10 minutes after the exam started, they encountered an enemy team. It was just as calculated. The enemy team had a Heaven scroll. Defeating the enemy team only took a matter of seconds. Haku knocked them out with his needles and Shin took their scroll. Continuing to run at top speed towards the center of the forest, they arrived within 30 minutes. It took them 40 minutes to reach the tower from the gates. 

Entering through the doors that were assigned to them, they saw a giant board with writings on them. Reading the board, they figured that they had to open the scrolls. Shin opened both of the scrolls and threw them to the floor quickly once he recognized the writings. Out came their teacher Zabuza. 

"Congratulations on being the first team to pass. Now Gai and Obito owe me ramen." Zabuza smirked under his mouth wrappings.

Zabuza then told them about the writings on the board and what it actually meant. They soon left the room together. Exploring the tower, they found out that there were rooms that were provided to them. There was also a kitchen, but it was a shared one. They had to share with the others if they wanted to use the kitchen. 13 hours passed by very quickly and soon they could hear the voices of the other examinees talking. They sensed Team 12 reaching the tower 10 minutes after they did. So they didn't have to worry about them being dead somewhere in the forest. Looks like the plan went well for them too.

"Hehe. So are we the first ones here?" Shin could hear the voice of Kiba ask. 

"No, I can feel the presence of others here already." Shino replied. 

"We were here before you Kiba-san" Zeref said, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. He hid his presence well. 

"More importantly, is Akamaru okay? He looks scared. Not that I actually care." Cobra said, sensing Akamaru's discomfort. 

They avoided the topic, Shin sensed that it seemed like a sensitive topic and revealed himself. Beside him was Yomi and Haku. 

"HEY GUYS!! TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH TO GET HERE!!" he shouted for them to change the topic. 

"Took us long enough? We've been here since 12 hours and 10 minutes ago. We finished the exam around 50 minutes" Jellal added his input. Moving Lily from his head. Just in the nick of time. Lily was about to drool on his beautiful blue hair.

As he said that, the sand ninjas also appeared. Two of them seeming shocked that they weren't the first ones there. They had finished the exam in an hour, they weren't expecting others to finish faster than them. Team 13 and 12 had rested in their room for the past 12 hours when they had reached, so it was natural they didn't encounter each other. The sand ninjas walked pass them without any problem. 

"Well, we've been here around 12 hours and 20 minutes. We were the first ones here. Zabuza-sensei said so. We finished this exam at around 40 minutes after it had started. I got to admit, your plan worked a bit too well." Shin said, leaving the room with Team 12 and the rest of his team. Leaving behind Team 8 who were shocked that they had finished the exam way before them. 

Soon 5 days passed without a hitch. They managed to avoid any other teams and stuck next to each other. Soon those who passed all gathered in a large room. Their teachers, examiners and even the Hokage were there. 

"First off, congratulations on passing the Second Exam." Anko shouted out loud so that everyone could hear. 'There were 102 people who took the Second Exam and 45 were able to pass. I said that I was going to make half drop out, but I was really thinking less than 10 would be left.' She had thought internally.

The crowd was quiet, until somebody just had to speak. "I'm hungry..." whispered Chouji who was behind Shikamaru.

"There's still this many people left? How troublesome." Shikamaru said, with an arm propped up against his side. 

In front of Shikamaru was Ino, who was really happy that Sasuke passed. 

In front of them were the teachers, Gai-sensei was praising Team 7, Team 12 and Team 13. All was well until he just had to add that his team was better, making Obito a bit ticked. Obito was proud of his team, even if they came in second place and he had to treat Zabuza. 

"Says the one who's team didn't even finish at top 2." Obito shot back, Zabuza smirked at this. 

"The next exam will focus on personal abilities after all." Gai was still chattering.

"So, since my team was first place. That means you and Gai have to treat me ramen. Since Gai is really annoying me right now, how about I double his penalty and waive yours?" Zabuza said casually. 

Obito smirked, "Free  food  is always great, unless it's poisoned"

They kept on ignoring Gai, who was still making a long speech about youth. They finally stopped their conversation when they heard Gai mention their name along with Kakashi's. Gai was looking at them with a smug look. Thinking that they had heard him.

"I'm sorry, what did you say? We were too busy discussing what ramen we wanted. Of course you'll have to pay for us both as we won the bet." Obito said, making him shocked. It wasn't long before Gai became fired up.