Chapter 41

The audience was getting excited, due to the fact that they had originally did not expect two other survivors of the famed Uchiha clan. Not to mention that the two other survivors were supposed to battle each other. They had only been expecting to see Sasuke's match. 

On the stands, a certain someone started pacing back and forth. Shin bit his lip and thought of ways to survive this match. Then it hit him, he could always play dead until Yomi was announced as the winner. That way she doesn't have to actually kill him. Shin huffed to himself, feeling proud of thinking of such a plan. 

As he was huffing to himself, he didn't notice that Yomi had already jumped down from the railings and down to the battle arena. Naruto, being the awesome friend he is. Pushed him off the railings. It took Shin a while to actually process that he was falling, but he managed to do a flip and land on his feet. 

The match soon started. Everyone watched in anticipation as the both of them approached each other and started throwing punches. Both were evenly matched in taijutsu. Yomi lands a punch on his face, he lands a punch on her gut. 

Both decided that taijutsu would be wasting their time and their match would probably be boring like Sakura and Ino's if they continued with taijutsu. They decided to cast genjutsus over each other, but the both of them broke free quite easily. Both of them having the mangenkyo sharingan made genjutsu look like something easy. Although to the others in the stands, it did seem as if the both of them were staring at each other for a whole minute. 

Shin was getting frustrated at this, how can they be evenly matched? He was older and more experienced in the battlefield. Why is he evenly matched? At first, it was fun to play along with the goofball joke, but now, it's starting to get interesting. Shin was already focused and serious in the match that his sharingan unconsciously activated, so did Yomi's. Although both were in the normal stage and not the mangenkyo stage.

Since taijutsu and genjutsu were getting them nowhere, it seems that the both of them had decided to use ninjutsu next. 

Both stood a fair distance from each other, as they did their hand seals.

'Snake, Ram, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger-' "Fire Style: Fireball justu!!" 

A large ball of fire came from both of their mouths, it stayed longer than expected as both the fireballs battled each other out. The crowd could feel the heat even from their seats and they were quite impressed with both the genin's ability to make such huge fireballs. 

Time went on and it became a test of endurance for the both battling. The one who stops breathing out the fireball will get hurt. Shin felt his eyes water as he felt his lungs start to give in. 

'Think Shin, what's your next move!! Quick we're running out of time!!' He thought to himself.

Finally he gave in, making another set of seals really quickly. 

He quickly inhaled and prepared himself. "Water Style: Raging Waves" He said as the large amount of water that came from his mouth extinguished the flames from both their fireballs, leaving steam everywhere. 

When the steam cleared up, it seemed that he had spouted too much water and actually made a small puddle. He didn't see Yomi anywhere in front of him. Shin looked around to find her and sensed that she was behind him. He began dodging her attacks in hopes that it will tire her. 

He took a few steps back, until he felt that he couldn't move his legs. He looked down to see black tentacle looking things holding his legs in place. He was standing right in the middle of the puddle he had made. Shin looked up just in time to see Yomi smirk at him as she started her hand seal for her jutsu. He recognized it as a lightning type one which one was it. 

'What was it. Dammit. Remember. Boar, Ram, Snake, Horse, Dragon- it's that one-' He never got to finish what he was thinking, due to Yomi executing the jutsu. 

"Lightning Style: Earth Flash." Yomi said as a wave of lightning burst from her fingertips. 

The lightning travelled through the puddle that Shin had made before and electrocuted him. The force of the shock made him fly backwards and hit the wall behind him, making a huge dent. 

The judge waited for a while, only to see that Shin wasn't moving and that his head was bleeding. "Winner: Uchiha Yomi" 

That made the crowd go wild. Yomi approached Shin's body and kneeled down, smacking him awake. 

"Oi, wake up. Don't waste my time." She said, smacking his face left and right. 

There was still no response from him. 

"Your opponent is dead. There's no use in slapping him." The judge said, seeing as Shin didn't give any response at all. 

"No he's not. Stop playing possum and stand up Shin." She said and shook him back and forth. To the others, it seemed like Yomi was in denial of killing her opponent. There was still no response from Shin. "Well, if he's dead. I'll just help cremate his body right now." Yomi said, getting tired of shaking him.

She prepared another set of hand seals for another fireball technique, but was stopped when Shin's eyes snapped open and he started whining. 

"YOU WERE GOING TO BURN ME ALIVE?!" He shouted.

"Well, you weren't waking up. So I thought you died." She smirked. 

"YOU KNEW I WAS STILL ALIVE!!" Shin pointed out accusingly

"My hand was getting tired." 

Shin was about to shout at her again before she shut him up by lifting him up and supporting his body with one of his arms around her shoulder, helping him walk back to the stands. 

"Now then, I guess you owe me some Soba noodles." She said to him as they went into the tunnel to go to the stands.

"Don't remind me, I'm still heavily hurt." Shin grunted at her.