Chapter 30

Haku looked at the clock on the wall nervously. He was very close to pulling out all his hair from the stress. A puff of smoke appeared right between the two rows, with a few seconds to spare, Haku sighed in relief as the three idiots and their exceed. The smoke cleared, revealing Shin and the other member of Haku's team standing back to back to each other.

"Both of you are late. What do you guys have to say for yourselves?" Ibiki crossed his arms and smirked at both of them.

Shin looked a bit ticked at that statement. He really wanted to cuss out loud right there and then. "First of all, we were late because you decided to give us and extra assignment. We were on our way here when you called us in to the Konoha T&I. When we arrived there, you told us to finish an assignment that you said was fairly quick and easy. Which turned out to be a huge lie. Some idiot had accidentally pressed the button that released all the prisoners and we had to catch them all, since all your little helpers are quite useless. After that, we had to get information from some of the prisoners from cell block C like you told us to. But again, you didn't tell us which one of the group of prisoners that we were supposed to get information from and we had to force out information from all the prisoners in cell block C, thereby finishing what was supposed to be your work for the month." By the time he was finished with his rant, he was fuming. Ibiki looked a tiny bit nervous, but it wasn't visible unless you have eyes that are able to pick up even the smallest details.

"Just pick a number tag and sit down!" Ibiki shouted, wanting to change the subject.

Shin grumbled as he took a number tag for himself and his teammate. The both of them sat down on their own seats and looked at the papers.

'It's just a test to see if we are able to obtain information without being found out. We don't actually need to fill these up' Shin thought in their shared thought palace.

Cobra sighed in relief and smirked. He actually didn't know anything and was worried about failing. Zeref didn't actually care, he was able to answer everything, being a secret genius who tried bringing his brother back to life and actually succeeded. It was the same for Jellal too, he was also able to answer every single question there was.

Haku was able to answer more than half of the questions, Being raised by Zabuza, it was a surprise that he actually managed to answer them. Seeing as Zabuza is a huge meat head.

Shin didn't bother to actually answer the questions, he just began doodling on the paper. Yomi finished writing up all the answers, not knowing if it's right or wrong and started to doze off. She accidentally banged her head on the table, making her team mates snicker. Thankfully the other examinees didn't seem to notice her banging her head though.

Yomi felt someone trying to take over her body, she resisted it easily and smirked, the blonde girl from the Yamanaka clan.

Ino was really surprised that her possession didn't work. She went on to posses Sakura instead, there was no telling how many minutes she would waste from thinking about why her possession didn't work.

A kunai was aimed towards Yomi by an examiner who thought that Yomi looked unqualified for the Chunnin exam. A black tentacle stopped it a few centimeters away from her. It actually wasn't really a tentacle, just a really controlled version of a compressed shadow. Being taught by the shadow dragon really got its perks. Yomi's favorite to magic to use was the compressed shadow, she didn't even have to move a limb when she is trying to move something. She could even use the shadows to move around. Much like shadow travel. (Here I am, making up some skills I actually want. Imagine having the ability to control the compressed shadows, you don't even have to move from your bed to get anything, like the remote. Overview of the skill is that it's similar to the 3rd Kazekage's iron sand, it has the ability to turn into weapons or anything that Yomi wants)

Soon the exam was over, some people were caught cheating and they, along with their team were disqualified. Ibiki gave them a chance to actually give up and take the exam the next time, some left with their team. Even more were going to leave, but Naruto shouted and made a speech about how a real ninja doesn't run from their problems. 34 teams were left.

Ibiki smirked and congratulated them on passing the exam. Surprising them as they thought that the exam was supposed to be a written one. Soon after, one of the windows got broken and someone jumped into the room. Team 13 recognized the person as Mitarashi Anko, due to their frequent visits to the Konoha T&I.

Anko smirked once she saw them, "102? Ibiki, you let 34 teams pass? The First Exam must have been too soft." Anko said as she faced Ibiki and frowned.

"It looks like there are a lot of excellent students this time." Ibiki said.

Anko faced the crowd and smirked once more. "Oh, well... I'm going to make more than half of the teams fail in the exam."

Sakura looked visibly shocked as did some other examinees.

"I will explain the details tomorrow. We will go somewhere else, so ask your Jounin teachers about the rally point and time. That's all, dismissed."

Soon one by one the examinees left, Haku approached both his team mates and glared at the both of them. "You both could've been disqualified. What took you both so long?" said the usually gentle boy.

"Like I said before, Ibiki and his idiotic lackeys made us late. Don't be so angry at us Haku, you look scarier than normal. How about I treat we to ramen as an apology?" Shin said sheepishly, a bit afraid at what Haku would actually do to him from how harsh his glare was. Inside Shin was actually thinking about how much he was going to regret it as Haku would actually be able to eat more than Naruto and Chouji combined. It was a surprise how Haku could still be that slim.