Chapter 47

A few moments after Shin said those words, Sasuke suddenly stilled and started to scream.

"Itachi, I advise you against using your eyes so many times in a single day." Kisame said, turning his back on Jiraya and Naruto.

"Ah, so it really was his eyes." Yomi muttered to herself.

Naruto growled in anger and charged forward. Kisame was caught off guard and he wasn't able to stop Naruto. He tried raising his sword up to block Naruto, but instead found that his sword was stuck in some sort of sticky pink substance.

"Summoning: Toad Mouth Bind." Jiraya called out, kneeling down. The whole area turned a pinkish red. Areas around Kisame and Itachi became sticky. "Too bad, Itachi... Kisame. You are already in my stomach! I summoned the esophagus of a gigantic frog from the Myouboku Mountain's rock inn. You two are wanted criminals anyway. I'll turn you two into food for this rock frog." Jiraya smirked, thinking that he finally caught them.

Realization hit Yomi and Shin hard, they were standing inside a stomach, normally they wouldn't be bothered by gore, but being in a stomach just gives them weird unexplainable feelings. The squishiness of the area also added to their nauseated state.

Itachi looked back at Kisame, signaling him to go with him. Kisame forcefully tore away his sword from the floor and ran towards Itachi.

Jiraya smirked at them both and shouted, "It's useless. No one has ever escaped from this before."

The walls started closing in on Itachi and Kisame as they ran. But Jiraya was then cut off by some sort of disturbance in his jutsu. He headed towards the area where the previous two had run into, Naruto, Yomi, and Shin following behind him closely. Instead of a cornered pair of criminals, they were met with a huge hole in the wall with black flames on the edges of the hole. Yomi and Shin apparently recognized what those were.

Naruto was leaning so close to it to examine what it was.

"Don't get too close to it!" Shin, Jiraya, and Yomi shouted at him. Yomi then pulled him away.

"Eh?! Why?" Naruto screamed back in shock.

Yomi and Shin could tell that Jiraya didn't know what those were. Looking at each other for confirmation, they decided to tell him the half truth. "It's an ancient jutsu known to only a few members of the Uchiha clan."

"It's said that it can only be used by specific members of the Uchiha clan who has reached a certain level of.." Shin stopped, not knowing what to say next.

"Uchiha-ness?" Yomi offered, next to him.

"Ah, yes. Uchiha-ness. How much of an Uchiha clan member you are." They were running out of excuses to tell Jiraya. They didn't want to tell him the whole truth with the risks of him betraying the both of them and revealing the secrets of the sharingan to the power-hungry Konoha council.

"Well, we better get going. We have stuff to do. We were only here to chase after Sasuke." Yomi said quickly, changing the subject and leaving through the huge hole in the wall.

"You heard the woman. I'll be leaving as well." Shin saluted and left.

"Wait! What about Sasuke?!" Jiraya shouted at them.

"I can sense a familiar presence coming. They'll be of help to you." Shin screamed back as he chased after Yomi who was a distance away.

Soon, a figure came and kicked Jiraya in the face. It was the spandex senior. Naruto was looking at Sasuke in worry, thinking back to what Itachi did to him.

"What did that bastard do to Sasuke, Perverted Hermit?!" He asked, expecting an answer from Jiraya who had stuffed tissues up his nose to stop it from bleeding.

"That, I don't know the answer to. Only members of the Uchiha clan would know what Itachi did to Sasuke. I assumed that it was a genjutsu at first, but the damage is far too severe to be an ordinary genjutsu. The two Uchihas that might have a clue to what Itachi did to Sasuke just left a while ago." Jiraya said to him.

Naruto fumed at him. "What is with that Yomi, I thought that Sasuke was her twin brother. Why didn't she try to save him?! Why did she let that bastard beat Sasuke up?!" He shouted, demanding answers.

"It's their family matters Naruto. We, as outsiders, wouldn't understand what they were facing and thinking."

"But Sasuke is like family to me. He's like the brother I never had. Don't tell him I said that though." Naruto said, seemingly a bit calmer than before. "We have a change in plans. I was scared back there, but I'm going to find those black coat bastards and beat them up! They want me, right?! Then I'll go to them" Naruto said, shaking in fury.

Jiraya huffed at him. "Even if you go to them right now, you're only going to get killed. Their levels and yours are too different. I barely managed to get them away from you back there."

"So are you suggesting that we run and hide from them? You want me to shiver in fear every day?!" Naruto shouted out loud while clenching his fist.

Jiraya finally had enough and snapped at him. "Shut up for a while." He shouted at Naruto, who turned his head away in shame. "You're weak." Jiraya finally said to Naruto. Who just stood there in silence as he knew that what Jiraya had said was the truth.

Jiraya finally remembered Gai and Sasuke. "I'm sorry Gai. I thought I took his feelings into consideration but I should've helped him earlier."

"Kakashi was affected by the same technique just now and he's unconscious right now. We don't know when he'll regain consciousness." Gai said, breaking the news to Jiraya and Naruto.

Naruto was shocked that Kakashi was also affected by Itachi's attack.

Gai just looked down towards the unconscious Sasuke who was sitting upright on the ground. Sasuke's vulnerable state reminded him of Rock Lee, his precious student who was still in the hospital. "When a student is hurt. From the bottom of my heart, I wish... that she, the medical specialist was here." Gai said.

"That's why we're going to look for her." Jiraya said. For whatever reason, Gai looked genuinely shocked that Jiraya had said those words.

With Shin and Yomi,

Shin caught up with Yomi and nodded silently to her. He knew what she had wanted to do, he didn't try to stop her. Even if he had wanted to, he couldn't. He didn't know the extent of Yomi's abilities. She was the one who brought him back to life, but she can also be the one to take it away.

Soon they caught up with the two Akatsuki members. The latter two had stopped a while to rest. Presumably because of Itachi's eyes and his health condition. Kisame raised his sword, preparing for a fight.

"We're not here to fight. We're just here to have a little chat with my big brother. So why don't you give us some privacy? I'm sure that he has a lot of questions that he would like to ask us." Yomi said, giving a pointed look at Itachi who was leaning against a tree.

Itachi relented and sighed, "Kisame, if you will." He gestured for Kisame to leave them alone.

Kisame listened to him and left the area without saying another word.

Yomi sat down across from Itachi and leaned onto the tree behind her. Shin followed suit, making himself comfortable next to her. "Now, tell us what you would like to know... Itachi-nii."