Chapter 42

Next match was Sasuke vs Gaara. Sasuke had arrived with Kakashi just as Shin and Yomi were entering the hallway so they didn't see him. They did pass by Gaara who just gave them a fleeting glance. Walking while carrying Shin was tiring for Yomi so she decided to heal him while they were walking. He was just a bit too heavy. Walking together even more they passed Shikamaru and Naruto who were just sitting on the stairs, talking about Gaara. 

Shikamaru and Naruto told them what they saw Gaara do. The four then rushed to the audience stands to warn the senseis. Well only Shikamaru and Naruto did. Shin and Yomi just followed along as they wanted to see their team. 

Finding their teams, Yomi went to them who scooted over a seat for Shin and her. 

"Great match, crazy wench. I honestly thought you were going to kill him though." Cobra said, just as she sat next to him. 

"Wow, so that's what you guys think about me." Shin said, sitting next to Yomi.

"Are you sure you guys are allowed to sit here? I mean, won't you have to fight other opponents" Zeref directed the last part to Yomi.

"No, I don't think this exam will last any longer. Listen to the birds and the thoughts of the sand ninjas. They're planning something." Cobra said, closing his eyes and concentrating.

"Now that you mention it, I can hear Sasuke's opponent mumbling about something in his sand ball." Jellal said. 

"What do you guys mean?" Haku said, clearly very confused. Along with him, both the team's senseis were also very confused as to what their teams were discussing. 

"Just pay attention to this match. If I'm right, something will happen." Yomi said, her sharingan activating unconsciously. Just in time to see and copy Sasuke's chidori. 

Soon after Sasuke stabbed through the thing with his chidori, Gaara started screaming. 

"Blood! My blood!!" Clearly, he was very surprised. It seems like he never had seen his own blood. Maybe he should've been a girl instead. Then Gaara would be able to see his blood every month. (I know what you're thinking. Did this b!tch just do a . joke? yes, yes I did. If you don't understand, it's better if you didn't)

Sasuke tried pulling his hand out of the ball, but he couldn't. So he activated his chidori for the second time and pulled out his arm. Something's hand came along with him. Judging from the sand ninja's faces, it wasn't anything good. Their faces were filled with fear. The hand retracted itself and left a hole. Sasuke was frozen in fear at what he saw inside. The sand ball started cracking, revealing Gaara with a wounded shoulder. Soon enough, the audience started falling asleep one by one. Team 12 and 13 were prepared for the worst when they saw feathers falling from the ceiling. 

"It's an illusion. Watch out." Yomi said, detecting it immediately due to her sharingan being on. 

A blast of explosion came from the Kage stands and everyone who were awake turned their heads to it. This gave the sand ninjas a chance to move. Obito and Zabuza were about to rush to the Kage stands with Gai and Kakashi when a few ANBU jumped ahead of them. Side characters won't be able to do anything though. 

Soon enough there was a barrier surrounding the Hokage and Kazekage. Enemies started appearing left and right. 

"It seems that I was right, something big was about to happen." Yomi said, standing up from her seat. 

"By big, I didn't expect you mean that sand and sound would join forces to attack us." Obito said, looking at the enemy ninjas in front of them. 

A huge dust cloud came from outside the arena. It seemed that they were attacking from outside of Konoha as well. A few ninjas came running at them with the intent of taking their lives. All were stabbed through the stomach by Yomi's shadow tentacles and flung away. 

The battle soon began. Enemy ninjas rushed at them from left and right. Obito and Zabuza decided to regroup with Gai and Kakashi along with those who were still awake. 

Sakura surprisingly was one of the few genins who were awake. Zabuza chopped down enemies left and right. While Obito stabbed them with a kunai. The genin sand ninjas jumped down to the battle area and surrounded Gaara, their teacher standing in front of them facing Genma. 

Gai, Obito, Zabuza and Kakashi stood with their backs facing each other as they knocked out or killed the enemy ninjas. With them talking about the Hokage. Sakura who was awake, crouched down on her seat covering her head with her arms, like that's going to help with anything. One ninja snuck up from behind her, making Kakashi's eyes widen. Before the ninja could touch her head. They were already sent flying with a hole in their stomach courtesy of Yomi's shadow tentacles. Shin caught up with her along with the others in Team 12 and 13. 

Kakashi gave Yomi a nod of appreciation for protecting Sakura before facing front once more. "I'm glad I taught you about genjutsus during the survival training. You have talent in that area. Dispel the genjustu and wake up Naruto and Shikamaru." He said to Sakura. "Naruto will be delighted, this is his first mission in a long time. Proceed with caution. This is an A-Rank mission, like the mission in the Country of Wave."

"Sensei, what do you mean by an A-Rank mission in this situation? What are we supposed to do?" Sakura asked him.

"Sasuke went after Gaara of the Sand and the others in case you haven't noticed yet." Shin piped up from behind Kakashi after taking down one of the enemy sound ninjas. 

"Sakura, dispel the genjutsu from Naruto and Shikamaru and go after Sasuke." Kakashi said, cutting his thumb with the kunai in his hand.

"But if that's the case, I should wake up Ino and Chouji and go in a bigger group."

"Are you really that stupid? Going in a bigger group means that you can catch more attention. You can move faster in a smaller group." Cobra said from the side as he jumped by to attack an enemy. 

"The ideal number would be 4 people per platoon." Zeref said, his nerd side showing. 

"Then does that mean you're going to come with us, Kakashi-sensei?"

"No, I can't leave this place." He said as he made some hand signs and slammed his palm to the ground, summoning a cute little pug. 

"Yo!" Let me rephrase that. A talking cute little pug. 

Sorry for not updating for so long, I was overseas and I didn't bring my laptop along. 

Just a heads up, I update at random days. 

I'm going to be busy for a few days in November.. okay maybe a few weeks.. I'm finally going to college... I need to adjust to my life there first... I'm leaving for college a day after my 16th birthday... which is in a few days.. 

My birthday is on November 7 for those who are wondering.. I leave for college on November 8