Chapter 54

"... You're right. That's something that happened a while back. But that's the day when everything started... You and I and also Naruto and Kakashi-sensei. The four of us completed a number of missions together. They were tough and a lot of work, but above all it was fun." Sakura said before continuing on. "I know about your clan, but revenge, that won't make anyone happy. No one. Neither you, nor I, nor your sister." She added probably hoping that the mention of his sibling that he would forsake that need to leave the village.

"Just as I had thought. I'm different from you guys. I walk a different path than you guys. I tried to think that it was my path to do the things we've done up until now. The four of us did things together, but my heart decided on revenge in the end. That's my purpose in life. I can't become like you or Naruto."

"Are you going to choose to be alone again?!" Sakura shouted. Thankfully no one lived nearby or else she probably would've woken them up with that shout. "On that day, you taught me that solitude is painful! I understand that so well right now. I have a family, and I have friends, but if you're gone. To me, it'll be the same as being alone." Well there's a limit to being too obsessed and dependent on someone, but it seems that Sakura hasn't realised that.

"... From here on... a new path will open for all of us."

"I... I love you so much!" suddenly Yomi felt like a third-wheel there up in the tree. "If you stay with me, I'll make sure you won't regret it! Everyday will be fun. We'll definitely be happy. I'll do anything for you. So... Please! Stay here! I'll help with your revenge. I'll do something! So please stay here, with me." Sakura sobbed out, as if she could do anything. "If you can't stay, then take me with you"

"You really are annoying." Sasuke looked back, truth to be told, he felt swayed by her words. In order to shut her up, he told her hurtful words to destroy her resolve to convince him to stay in the village. He began to walk away.

Sakura ran after him, "Don't leave! If you do, I'll scream!" she shouted, as if she wasn't already screaming.

Sasuke disappeared from her view and appeared behind her in a flash. "Sakura. Thank you." He said, before hitting her on the back of her neck and knocking her out. Letting her fall on the floor before leaning down to pick her up.

A whistle interrupted him from doing so. "That's not a way to make girls fall for you." A voice said to him.

Looking around, he couldn't see anyone.

"Up here you useless duck." Truth to be told, with his head moving left and right. It reminded Yomi of a duck moving their butt as they waddle around.

Sasuke looked up, only to see his sister sitting on a branch looking down on him. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough." Yomi shrugged, not even looking the slightest bit ashamed at being found out eavesdropping on a private conversation.

"Are you going to stop me too?" He asked, proceeding to carry Sakura and laying her on a bench.

"Nah, whatever you do is none of my concern. I won't stop you. But just know this, if you do decide to leave the village, consider our sibling bond to be broken. Once you do get Itachi. I will be the one to hunt you down." she said nonchalantly.

"... Why do you defend him so much? Aren't I your brother too? Why are you okay with him massacring our whole clan? Why do you even care if I leave or not?"

"Back at what you said to Sakura. What I do is none of your business. But since you are my brother, I'll answer that. I don't know for the first part, as for me caring whether you leave or not. I don't. Just that tomorrow there would be a search party for you. I'd rather avoid going through the effort of being assigned a team to drag you back to Konoha." Yomi shrugged at the question. Truth to be told, she didn't know either. She just felt that Itachi was an interesting fellow, that's why she liked him more than Sasuke. That's all there is to it.

"Well bye, I won't escort you to the gates. See ya, Sasuke." She said before disappearing and teleporting to her house with her team.

Sasuke hesitated for a bit. But remembering how his sister effortlessly stopped his and Naruto's strongest techniques without even lifting a hand made him remember how much stronger she is compared to him, even if he was the older twin. His drive to grow stronger grew even more, he decided that even selling his soul to the devil was worth it, as long as he became powerful (this is not some kuroshitsuji shit Sasuke. You're thinking of a different anime and manga entirely). Giving one last look to Sakura on the bench, he left the village and continued without looking back again. On the way he met up with the Sound nin that attacked him a few hours ago.

"We've been waiting Sasuke-sama." They changed their way of addressing him now that he was to be a part of their master's entourage.

"What are you plotting now?" he asked them, suspicious at the change in behaviour.

The four (or five, depends if you count the conjoined twins as one or two) Sound nins were kneeling in front of him. "When you left the village, it was decided that you become our leader. Please forgive our rudeness earlier." They all bowed to him. Orochimaru had assigned him to be their leader. Even if they were unwilling to serve someone weaker than them, they could only swallow this bitter pill. If they were to disobey Orochimaru, they wouldn't have any more good days ahead of them.

Sasuke scoffed at them before walking again. "I don't give a crap about that. Let's go."

This is to make up for promising to update but forgetting yesterday.

BTW are any of you in SG? Wanna go eat together? I wanna go buffet binge but my friend is stuck in Vietnam. 

I'm in SG studying advanced diploma in Psychology if you guys are wondering.