Chapter 36

Dedicated to desv4123

Sasuke smirked a bit as he thought up plans on how to defeat his opponent. He couldn't use his sharingan or any other jutsu or his bruise would act up. Everyone's eyes seemed to be glued to the match, wanting to see the capabilities of an Uchiha clan member. Hayate looked at the both of them before giving out the signal for the battle to begin. Yoroi did a handseal and one of his hands emitted a blue energy. Sasuke on the other hand, took out a kunai. Yoroi reached for his ninja pouch with his non glowing hand and took out a few shuriken, throwing them at Sasuke. Sasuke easily deflected them with the kunai in his hand. 

Suddenly, Sasuke flinched and fell, landing on the floor. He had only a few moments to blink before Yoroi appeared before him and punched the area where he was a few moments ago. Sasuke had managed to evade the punch and he stabbed the kunai onto the floor, using it as a pivot so that he could turn back and kick Yoroi's leg. 

Yoroi tripped and Sasuke used this chance to pin him down with his legs. 

Naruto gleefully cheered for Sasuke as he pinned down Yoroi. Unknown to them however, was that Yoroi was hoping to get into close contact with Sasuke for his technique to work. He used  one of his hands to grab Sasuke's collar and his hand started to glow blue again. From a trained specialist's point of view, they could see that Sasuke was slightly weakened a while after Yoroi grabbed his shirt. This again proved true when Yoroi broke free from Sasuke's hold without any effort and also backhanding Sasuke's chest. 

Sasuke laid on the floor twitching from the pain. A while after, Sasuke sat up, but was too slow to stop Yoroi who ran at him again and grabbed his head, pinning it to the ground. Sasuke grabbed onto the arm that was gripping his head. Using both hands, trying to push the hand off of him. Sasuke's grip slowly weakened as his arm fell sideways. 

In the stands, Naruto and Sakura were beginning to get worried about him, Sasuke started screaming in pain and all they could do was watch and listen. Sasuke then kicked Yoroi off of him. 

Yoroi chuckled as he stood up from the spot Sasuke kicked him to. "You still had some strength left? You're just a guinea pig though. Relax, I'll end this quickly." Yoroi said as he began to run at Sasuke again. Sasuke managed to dodge his attacks, although Yoroi's hand grazed his hair a bit. Sasuke felt himself getting weaker. 

"What's wrong? Are you done already?" Yoroi said, trying to provoke Sasuke. Sasuke took the bait and tried kicking him. Yoroi jumped away from him and began to chuckle. Disappointment was written all over Gaara's emotionless face as he gazed down at the weakened Sasuke. 

"Sasuke! You call yourself Uchiha Sasuke with that?!" Naruto shouted at him from the stands.

"He's right Sasuke, you're disappointing me with your actions. It's embarrassing to admit that you're my elder twin brother from how you're acting." Yomi said gripping the handle. She wasn't shouting like Naruto was, but it was heard by everyone. 

Sasuke glanced back at Naruto and gave him a glare. 

"Stop being such an idiot! Get serious!" Naruto shouted again. 

Looking back at the stands, Sasuke spotted Rock Lee and his team standing next to Naruto's team. Suddenly Sasuke's eyes widened as he remembered something. Yomi sighed as saw that he finally had an idea on how to win the match.

Yoroi began to run at Sasuke again once more. Sasuke dodged all his attacks and disappeared from Yoroi's line of vision, appearing right below him and aiming a kick to his chin. The kick sent Yoroi flying on the air. Sasuke jumped as well to catch up with him. Rock Lee on the stands was surprised that Sasuke had used his technique. His mouth was wide open in shock. Gai and Naruto were staring at Sasuke with wide eyes, not believing what they were seeing. 

Sasuke appeared behind Yoroi and used his pointer and middle finger to poke Yoroi's back. He was about to execute his technique when his bruise started glowing again and made him cough out blood. The bruise then expanded to half of his face. Sasuke tried fighting it off and succeeded. To the others who didn't know about Sasuke's bruise, it seemed like Sasuke was spending too much time in the air. Sasuke smirked and finally used one of his hands to spin Yoroi to one side and kicking him from the other side. Sasuke maneuvered himself behind Yoroi and elbowed his chest, hitting him to the ground. Before Yoroi reached the ground, Sasuke spun around and kicked him on the stomach, making him spit out blood. Yoroi landed on the floor and the floor cracked.

The force of the impact sent Sasuke flying to the side. He landed on the ground roughly and face down, his arms stretched out in front of him. 

Hayate, the examiner went to check on Yoroi, only to find him unconscious. He looked at Sasuke who began to stand up once more. Sasuke wiped the blood streaming down the side of his mouth with his sleeve, all the while breathing heavily. 

"I will stop this match now. The third match winner is Uchiha Sasuke. This means that he also passed the preliminary rounds." Hayate said, raising an arm at Sasuke. 

Naruto and Sakura cheered for Sasuke from the stands. Sasuke began to fall back, but was stopped by Kakashi's leg. The latter appearing only moments before. 

"Well, you did okay." Kakashi said, reading his book.

"Sasuke! You won in such an idiotic way! You're all worn out! Idiot!" Naruto shouted. Sasuke glanced at him in irritation because of how loud he was. He glanced to Naruto's side to see his sister mouthing a good job and smirking at him. 

Sasuke smiled at that. Paramedics came and carried off Yoroi's body on a stretcher. A paramedic offered to help Sasuke, but was rejected by Kakashi. The paramedic soon left. 

Kakashi wanted to bring Sasuke to the sealing room to seal off the cursed seal. Sasuke had refused him, wanting to stay until the preliminaries are over so that he could see the other matches. Kakashi rejected him and managed to convince Sasuke to go with him. Sasuke's team watched in worry as he walked away with Kakashi. 

Yomi began walking away too. Shin noticed it and had opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted. 

"I'm just going to the bathroom. You want to follow me or something?" Yomi said, glancing back at him. 

Shin flushed a bit and shook his head no. Yomi began to walk away once more. When she disappeared from their line of sight, Naruto began to speak.

"What's with her? She didn't even look worried when Sasuke was screaming for help. She didn't even congratulate him when he won." He shouted.

Zabuza just sighed at the loud kid. "That's just how she is. Look at the railings she was holding onto a while ago" Zabuza said, pointing at the heavily crooked and disfigured handrail. "She may not look worried on the outside, but she may be the one who's the most worried out of everyone else in this room.