Chapter 38

Gaara just walked away after he was announced as the winner. He made eye contact with Naruto, who had jumped down from the railings. Yomi, Gai and Hayate were kneeling next to Lee as Yomi checked on Lee's condition. Hayate called for the paramedics just as Yomi finished scanning Lee's body.

"His left arm and left leg had been crushed by his opponent's sand. His body is worn out from opening his chakra limiter gates. His damage is too severe. I can heal him but I am not so sure when he will be able to walk again. He'll have to go through therapy after this." Yomi said, hands glowing green as they hovered above Lee's chest to heal his battered body. Lee's wounds began to disappear really quickly. The paramedics looked at her in wonder, there was only one other ninja that was capable of healing wounds that quickly.

A few seconds later, Lee was carried away on a stretcher by the paramedics. Naruto tried chasing after them but Kakashi held him back. Yomi had fully healed Lee's wounds, but he was still unconscious and would probably be traumatized by the event that he'll have to go through therapy to be able to walk again.

Gai watched as Lee was carried away before facing Yomi and thanking her. They all went back to the railings to watch the last match.

Battle No.15: Dosu Kinuta VS Akimichi Chouji

Winner: Dosu Kinuta

He used his sound wave gauntlet to knock Chouji out by sending high frequency vibrations to Chouji's body.

"That concludes the Third Exam's preliminary matches." Hayate said as the winners gathered on to the platform. "To those who have made it to the main matches of the Chunnin Exam's Third Exam. All but one are here, so congratulations."

The Hokage began sizing them up. 'Including Uchiha Sasuke, who isn't present at the moment. There are eleven Konoha, three Sand and one Sound.' He thought to himself, seemingly proud that there were more Konoha ninjas that passed the exam. "I will now begin the explanation for the main matches. Your main match fights will be shown in front of everyone. We wish for all of you to show off your abilities as your country's representative power. Therefore, the main matches will begin in one month." The Hokage explained.

"Huh? We're not going to do it right here, right now?" Naruto asked.

"The one month is a time to conduct appropriate preparations." The Hokage replied. "In other words, we are going to announce to the feudal lords and head ninja of the individual countries that the preliminary matches have ended. And time is needed to gather those people for the main matches. This is also preparation time for you candidates." He said.

The examinees still didn't understand what he meant as he was being a bit too vague. "This time is used so you can know your enemy and yourself better. It is a time to analyze the information you have gathered during the preliminary matches. The battles we had were just like real combat situations. It has been done where both parties knew nothing of each other. But the main matches will not be like that. There are those who have revealed everything to their rivals. To make things fair, work hard and improve yourselves on your own in the next month. That's all. I want to let you guys go, but there is something important we must do before the main matches. Take a piece from the box that Anko is holding." He said.

Anko began walking in front of them, holding a box in hand. Inside the box were a few slips of paper that had specific numbers written on them. Each examinee could only take one. The match ups were then told to them.

No. 1 Uzumaki Naruto VS No. 2 Hyuuga Neji

No. 3 Gaara VS No. 4 Uchiha Sasuke

No. 5 Kankuro VS No. 6 Aburame Shino

No. 7 Temari VS No. 8 Nara Shikamaru

No. 9 Uchiha Yomi VS No. 10 Uchiha Shin

No. 11 Zeref VS No.12 Yuki Haku

No. 13 Jellal VS No. 14 Erik

No. 15 Dosu Kinuta VS Winner of battle No.13 VS No. 14

As everyone was thinking of their opponents, a few hands raised up. They caught the attention of the Hokage and the other examiners.

"We give up, we can't go against each other." Jellal and Erik said, making Obito who was watching on the sidelines facepalm at them. He was proud that they didn't want to fight each other, but he was also kind of disappointed as it means they didn't pass the exam.

"We've been on a team with each other for a while now. So we are bound to know what each other's specialty and weaknesses are. We know for sure that if we do battle each other seriously, at least one of us will get gravely injured. It's because we know each other so well that we will fight each other seriously. We don't want to accidentally kill each other just because we want to get promoted. We'd both rather stay as genin forever rather than have the blood of our teammate stain our hands" Erik spoke for the both of them.

"Same goes for me, even though I am not part of Haku's team. We do see each other frequently, so we do know each other's strengths and weaknesses. I'd rather not accidentally kill one of my friends." said Zeref. Haku agreed with him as they too withdrew from the last battle.

Slowly another hand raised up, it caught the attention of others. It didn't even reach half way before it was slapped down harshly.

"OWWW!! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HIT ME THAT HARD?!"

"... I didn't want you to give up before I had a chance of beating you to a pulp after all the lies you've told about me while I was still on my cloak disguise.." Yomi mumbled.

Zabuza sighed at them from the sidelines.

"Yes, Shin? What is it?" The Hokage asked the boy who was tearing up, clutching his really red hand.

"I WANT TO WITHDRAW FROM MY MATCH TOO!! SHE'LL RIP ME TO SHREDS IF WE FIGHT AGAINST EACH OTHER!!" he shouted.

"I'm sure she won't Shin..." the Hokage sighed him.

Shin began begging them to let him withdraw. He was rejected. Everyone sighed at him as he cried anime tears. What an idiot.

Even though he's an idiot. EVERYONE LOVES SHISUI!!

WRITTEN AT 1:57 AM IN A VERY DARK ROOM.

I am sleepy, so I'll go to bed now. BYEEEE