Chapter 43

So peeps.. Guess what? I finally have a co-writer!!

This chapter is written by me and my co-writer Xhava_

"Is the other teammate, that doggy?" Sakura stated, staring at the dog incredulously. 

The dog jumped in front of Sakura. "Hey, little girl. Don't call me a cute doggy." 

"Sakura. Dispel the genjutsu from Naruto and Shikamaru." Kakashi repeated for the billionth time. This time Sakura finally listened. 

Sakura crouched down to the floor and began crawling to avoid enemies. No use anyways, her bright pink hair was very eye-catching. Haku and Zeref had taken care of the ones going after Sakura when she wasn't paying attention. (One thing though, why didn't the enemy ninja just take a hostage from one of the sleeping audience? Anime Logic seriously. )

Eventually, Sakura managed to wake up Naruto from the genjutsu. She tried the same thing to Shikamaru, only to find that it didn't work. The dog became a bit impatient and so bit Shikamaru's hand. Shikamaru was awake all along but he had just pretended to be asleep so that he didn't have to do anything.

Finally the makeshift team left from a hole that Gai made from punching the enemy ninja that was going to stab Naruto from the back. 

"Will they be okay?" Gai asked Kakashi. 

"Pakkun is with them. They'll be fine." Kakashi replied

Meanwhile with Team 12 and 13 who were taking care of the enemy ninjas. Cobra could hear a disturbance from the village entrance. 

"I can sense an attack on the village walls. What should we do sensei?" He asked Obito. 

"Gather Team 12 and 13 together, I'll give you a mission." He said, stabbing someone on the head. 

Soon the teams gathered and Obito began briefing them. 

"Erik said that he had sensed a disturbance in the village walls, I want you guys to check it out. Be careful on your way. If there's an enemy you think that's way stronger than you, run away and get help. Good luck and don't die. We'll catch up with you guys once we're done here. If you guys somehow finished taking care of the problem before we arrive, go to the academy and help the other senseis evacuate the students and civilians" He said and jumped away.

Team 12 and 13 jumped away to the walls. Only to find a giant titan and some brown haired kid screaming at his mom who was stuck under a building as he was being carried away by some old guy.

"SOMEDAY I'LL KILL ALL THE TITANS!!" 

(Don't kill me) 

Only to find some huge snakes destroying buildings left and right. Some ninjas were trying to stop the snake. Only to fail when enemy ninjas attacked them. Quickly taking care of the huge snakes while the enemies were not looking, the team ran away before anyone could see them. Along the way they helped civilians to evacuate. Finally they reached the academy where they warned the other teachers who were having a meeting in the teacher's lounge. The students were asked to do a free study in their classrooms so they didn't know about what was happening outside. 

The team helped the teachers gather all the students and guided them through the underground tunnels that were pre-made for evacuation purposes. The children certainly looked confused and scared. 

After confirming that all the students were accounted for. The team left to help the others that were still in the arena. Obito sent them to chase after Naruto and Sakura's makeshift team. The battle had already ended when they had reached. 

Team 12 and 13 arrived at the same time Temari and Kankuro arrived to get Gaara. The three suna nin leaped away from the battle and back to their own village.

“Turns out we’re late, they managed to defeat the enemies on their own" Yomi said, looking at the damages present on the battlefield

“Hmp! If only we knew they could do it on their own from the start. We wouldn't need to rush! “ Shin pouted childishly. He was annoyed that he didn't get to participate in any of the action.

“Well, being early doesn't really hurt, Shin. “ Zeref said on the sidelines.

“That’s true, but still.. “ Jellal said, seemingly disappointed himself that he couldn't participate.

“We wanted in on the action too!! “ Cobra said defending him.

“Don’t just bicker over there, come and help us. Naruto needs to be treated. “ Haku said, helping Naruto up.

By the looks of it, Shin had totally forgotten about Naruto and Sasuke here

“Oh yeah, they’re still here. Haku and Zeref, you go help Naruto. Yomi and I will get Sasuke. Jellal and Erik, search for Sakura. “
Shin said as he walked beside Yomi to help Sasuke.

“Turns out you actually can be smart sometimes, hm? “ Zeref said, dissing Shin.

“So that’s how low you think of me! I may act like an idiot and I do tend to goof around most of the time, but I can still be smart you know! “ Shin bit back

Pakkun had poofed away on their way back and Team 7's unconcious bodies were all located and brought to the hospital. Sasuke and Sakura sustained minor injuries and would wake up around a few hours. Naruto on the other hand, had a few broken bones and internal bleeding. The kyuubi would help in his recovery though, so it wasn't a very dangerous situation.

Everyone was broken hearted to learn of the Hokage's passing. Word was out that Orochimaru had planned the attack against Konoha. It was also known that the 4th Kazekage was murdered by Orochimaru and that the sand was manipulated by him to attack Konoha. It had been a busy week for the two villages, they had no leaders and in addition to that they had to plan a funeral for their ex-kages.

It didn't affect Team 12 or 13 in any way, as they weren't as close to the Hokage as the rest of the village. Somehow deep in her heart, Yomi was glad the old geezer was dead. Seeing as he did play a part in the massacre of her clan. He could've tried to prevent it. He could've asked another person to do it. Instead it had to be her precious older brother.