Chapter 48

"In the end, he didn't even ask us anything. Him and his Uchiha pride. He didn't even ask about how I was still alive." Shin grumbled while jumping on tree branches with Yomi, traveling back to Konoha.

"If you look properly, he looked kinda sorta happy when he found out you were alive though. Plus, I did tell him how you were still alive while you were fighting with Kisame." Yomi said, trying to cheer him up. They were jumping side by side, next to each other.

Shin cheered up a bit but was still a bit sulky that he couldn't spend time with his best friend. "Still, it would be nice if he had asked us how we've been."

Yomi sighed, a sulky Shisui is not a good Shisui, so she thought of a plan to cheer him up.

"Shin, come with me. I need to do something in the nearby town." Yomi said as she switched routes and began running somewhere else. Shin grumbled a bit but followed her.

They ended up reaching the place at night, at around 7. Yomi figured that they'd just eat there, rent a room for the night and travel back to Konoha in the morning. Yomi chose a restaurant/bar named Hyakuraku that was known for its food.

Entering the restaurant, they waited for a server to get them a table. They ended up sitting next to a black-haired woman holding a pig and a drunk blonde. The pair spared no glances at them as they continued to converse. Yomi and Shin sat down on the table and took a look at the menu. With the latter still sulking a bit

"A plate of fried Shishamo and a bottle of Juyondai sake please." Yomi said, putting down the menu and looking at the waitress as she jots down Yomi's order.

"Would you like some rice or chawanmushi with that?"

"Both, please. Order whatever you like, I'll be paying for it this time." Yomi said, closing her eyes and leaning back on her chair.

"Got it. What about you Sir?" The waitress asked Shin who was still looking at the menu.

"2 Wagyu Katsu Sandwich, Yakiniku set and a bottle of Dassai 23 for me. Also a bowl of rice and chawanmushi." He said with a happy grin.

The waitress left after jotting down his order. Shin faced Yomi as she leaned back on her chair.

"Good to see that you're finally happy." Yomi said, not even looking at him.

"Aww... were you worried about me?" Shin asked with a teasing grin.

"No I wasn't, It's just that a sulky Shin is worse than a happy Shin. I'd prefer a happy Shin." Yomi said, without missing a heartbeat.

Shin wasn't expecting her to answer that and blushed a bit. Coughing into his hand and awkwardly looking away.

"Why? What's wrong? Are you sick?" Yomi opened one of her eyes to glance at him.

"N-no," Shin said, his face erupting in a huge blush.

"You're turning red. Do you have a fever?" Yomi said, getting up from her seat and placing her palm on Shin's forehead. "You're burning up." Yomi was cut off by the food arriving and so she sat back down.

The waitress set down their food on the table and left them. They mumbled a small itadakimasu and began eating. Shin's face returned back to its original colors but he couldn't help but sneak a few glances at her as he was eating. In the background, he could hear some screaming. (An: Probably the YoShi shippers lolol actually its just Jiraya and Naruto)

"Tastes as good as the rumors say..." Yomi said, picking up another Shishamo from her plate. "You want to try a piece?" She said, holding out the Shishamo with her chopsticks. Shin blushed a bit and ate the Shishamo directly from her chopsticks. Only realizing it was an indirect kiss after Yomi went back to her eating.

"EHHH?! ARE YOU TWO DATING?!" A voice shouts from the table next to them.

Yomi and Shin turned towards the voice, only to find Naruto staring at them wide-eyed. Naruto's loud voice made the other 3 on that table face them too. Yomi blinked at him before going back to her food, taking a piece of beef from Shin while he wasn't looking.

Shin just started blushing and stuttering. "N-no we're n-not. W-why do y-you think that we w-were?" He said, looking at Yomi for confirmation. Yomi just nodded and went back to eating.

"Food's about to get cold. Finish eating before you talk." She mumbled as she took another piece of beef from Shin's yakiniku set.

"Why are the both of you here?" Jiraya asked them with suspicion, one of them left behind their own twin brother to chase after their rogue brother and the other was of unknown origin.

"To eat. I've heard that this place serves the best sake around and also good food. He was sad and sulky so I offered to treat him." Yomi said like it was nothing.

"...Aren't the both of you too young to be drinking sake?" The drunken blonde said.

"We're too young to go on death missions and killing people. But you don't see us not doing it do you? If you're old enough to kill then you're old enough to make your own decisions. Besides, our parents aren't here anymore to tell us what to do and we do have money to pay for them." Yomi answered her as she figured Shin was a bit sick as he kept turning red and stuttering.

Yomi finished her bottle of sake and so did Shin who was sipping his while she was talking to them.

Yomi beckoned a waitress to come to their table. The waitress came and Yomi told them to wrap up the Wagyu Katsu sandwich and also bring the bill. It was 250000 Yen.

It was really expensive due to the sake Yomi ordered, which cost more than half of the bill. Yomi paid the waitress the exact amount and got the wrapped up sandwich. Shin and Yomi had a lot of money due to the missions that they took for the Hokage. The higher the rank the better the rewards. Yomi also had the inheritance from the Uchiha clan as one of the next of kin of the head of the clan.

"... Well bye now. See you when we see you." Yomi said and left the restaurant. Shin being awfully quiet and running after her.