Chapter 40

"Oh!! Ero-sennin!! This is Uchiha Shin and his team mate Uchiha Yomi!!" Naruto shouted to a white haired man

Shin knew who this person was, but asked for the sake of formality. "Who is this guy Naruto? Weren't you supposed to be training with Ebisu-sensei?"

Naruto was about to answer but the white haired guy beat him to it. "I am Myouboku Mountain's Monk of the Frog Spirits. Also known as the Frog Hermit, Jiraya!!"

"Jiraya of the sanin? I've heard of you. It's an honor to finally be able to meet you. My name is Uchiha Shin and this is my team mate Uchiha Yomi." Shin said, trying to get on his good side.

"Uchiha clan? I thought that clan was wiped out years ago." Jiraya said aloud.

"Ah, that's because I am not originally from this village. I'm the product of a one night stand between Uchiha Kagami and a nearby village girl who saved his life. Yomi here is from the main branch of the family. Born to Uchiha Fugaku and Uchiha Mikoto. She's the younger twin sister of Uchiha Sasuke who is Naruto-san's teammate." Shin explained

Jiraya felt a wave of emotion pass through him, the name Yomi rang a bell. That's when he remembered, one of his students were named Yomi. They were in a team with Uchiha Fugaku and Namikaze Minato. In the midst of his thinking, he didn't pay much attention to Yomi and Shin who bid him and Naruto goodbye as they left.

"You do know that I could've spoken for myself." Yomi said to Shin as they walked side by side.

"I know, old habits die hard."

A few days passed and it was time for the Third Exam. All of them gathered in the arena and lined up. Yomi and Shin looked at the crowd to find their team mates, only to see them holding banners with 'We will miss you Shin!!', 'Your death wasn't in vain' and 'We'll always remember your sacrifice' written on them.

Shin grew a tick mark on his head. He knows he's going to die, but why do they have to embarrass him like that. If he does survive, he will definitely give them a good beating. Soon they heard a whole lot of noise coming from outside the arena gates. The guards opened the door to reveal a Naruto running from a horde of bulls. Somehow they managed to get the bulls to leave and line up once more.

Naruto began looking around to find Sasuke, but he wasn't there. Along with Sasuke, Dosu was also missing.

"Hey, you two. Stop looking around. Stand up straight and show your face to the crowd."

Somehow, Naruto finally notices the crowd watching them.

"You guys are the main players in the upcoming tournament."

The mood soon turned sour for three of the examinees from the sand as they saw their Kazekage in the stands. Clearly, they don't like him very much. Even if they were his children.

Soon the Hokage stood up from his seat and began speaking, "Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for coming to Konohagakure's Chunnin Selection Exam today. We will now begin the main matches with the ten that have passed the preliminaries. Please enjoy the matches."

"If there are supposed to be ten, it seems that one is missing." The Kazekage said to the Hokage.

The judge then looked at the remaining examinees, "There are some things I need to tell you before the matches." He took out a piece of paper from his pocket and showed it to them, "Look at this. There was a little change on the match-ups. Check to see who you're going against again." He said.

Shin breathed a sigh of relief, thinking that he could survive. Only to see that his match wasn't changed.

Naruto then asked the judge something that he had noticed, "Sasuke hasn't arrived yet. What are we going to do?"

"If he doesn't come here by the time his match starts, he will lose by default. Okay, so listen up. Although the landscape is different, the same rules apply as in the preliminaries; there are no rules. The match will only end when someone dies or gives up. But if I decide that the match is over, I will stop the match. Do not argue with me over it. Got it? Now then, the first match is Uzumaki Naruto and Hyuuga Neji. The rest of you need to go back tot the waiting room." The judge said.

The waiting room was below the stands, but above the battle area. They could see each other's battle from there.

Naruto's battle with Neji was somewhat dramatic. With Neji nagging on and on about how failures will always remain failures and that that could not change. Naruto eventually did win the battle by borrowing the red chakra of the nine tailed fox. He had initially hid underground and made a passed out clone, making others think he was defeated. Naruto suddenly burst from the ground and gave Neji a good punch to the jaw. In the end, he managed to change Neji's outlook in life and inspired him to create his own fate. He was able to make Neji understand that destiny could be changed.

Neji was soon carried out from the battle area by the paramedics. Naruto looked up to see the audience applauding him for a miraculous match. Honestly, most of the audience had expected Neji to win the battle.

Soon Naruto left the battle area and went to the waiting stands. The next battle was Sasuke vs Gaara, but Sasuke still hadn't arrived. So they decided to delay Sasuke's match with Gaara.

The next match was Kankuro vs Aburame Shino, but for some odd reason. Kankuro had given up even before the match had begun. So they went to the next match, Nara Shikamaru vs Temari. Shikamaru had wanted to give up too, but Shin and Naruto patted his back too hard that he fell from the railings and down to the battle ground.

The match soon started. The both of them thinking of strategies to beat the other. Shikamaru was way better at it than Temari, even if his moves seemed as if they were irrelevant. He eventually managed to successfully trap Temari from behind by using the hole made from Naruto's match. Shikamaru eventually gave up due to him having low chakra and not wanting to fight another opponent. The match went to Temari. The audience did boo at Shikamaru, but he didn't care.

The next match was announced, making everyone excited.

"The next match, Uchiha Shin vs Uchiha Yomi. The both of you please come down here to start your match."

OH MY HOLY SHEEP. CLIFFHANGER TO YA ALL >:D

FEEL DAT? I'M THE LEAD SHEEP OF CHINA!! ANYONE SAW THAT LAY SHEEP MV YET? RELEASED 8 DAYS AGO