Chapter 53

Yomi left Team 7 in a huff of anger. No one even thanked her for stopping those two idiots from killing their teammate.

That said teammate who didn't even thank her for saving her life was still crying and whining over Sasuke, who had left soon after Yomi did. Seriously, did Sakura think her crying can do anything?

Yomi was indeed annoyed, but not annoyed enough to do anything drastic. Thinking about it even more, it is a bit more beneficial for her. If people see she's angry then they would avoid her to not the the venting point of her anger. If they avoid her then that means she can be alone, then no one would be searching for her. With that in mind, she went off to buy some snacks and left for her dimension with all smiles. Looking forward to see the person in her dimension.

"Welcome back Master." the person was already in the room waiting for her.

Yomi smiled at them and laid the snacks she just bought on the table in the room. "Ah... I am back. How was your day?"

"It was lonely without you here. I missed you." the person said, pulling her to sit next to them.

Yomi leaned against their shoulder and smiled. "Didn't you see me a few hours ago?"

"Exactly. A few hours ago. It's been a long time already."

Yomi laughed at them. "Then, what if one day, I couldn't be by your side for a long time? What would you do then?"

"I'll just wait for you here. You said 'couldn't be by your side for a long time' which implies that you would come back again. I know you won't leave me unless you have an important reason to." the person said, grabbing her hand and intertwined them together with theirs. With that Yomi gave them a real smile, unlike the usual smirks she gives to her teammates before looking down at their joined hands.

"Master?"

"Hmm?"

"Why are your nails a different colour from mine?" they said, looking at Yomi's colored nails.

"I decided to color them up a bit. Does this colour suit me?" Yomi said, letting them take a closer look at her recently painted red nails that she had done while she was bored.

"It looks really pretty... Can I..." they seem to hesitate in asking for something.

"I'll help you with it." Yomi said, already knowing what the person was asking for. "What color do you want yours to be?"

"What color do you suggest?" they asked.

"A beautiful ruby red to match your eyes-" Yomi accidentally said, she immediately tried to correct herself. "I mean, red so that we both can match."

"Red? My eyes are red?" the person said, with the slip up that Yomi just made, it could be said that the person came to the conclusion that there was a possibility that Yomi painted her nails red because it reminded her of their eyes.

The person didn't say anything though, so that Yomi won't feel too embarrassed. Yomi took out a bunch of nail products from somewhere and gave them a manicure.

At the end of it, the person's eyes were sparkling from looking at their newly painted nails. To Yomi, their eyes really did resemble the most beautiful of rubies.

"If you like it so much, I'll leave these things here so you can repaint them whenever you want. They can chip off if you're not careful in handling them." Yomi then remembered something else, taking out another bottle of clear fruity smelling liquid. "This is for removing the polish. Just pour some onto a cotton ball and rub. The colors will come off."

"Uwaaa!! Thank you very much, Master."

"No problem. It has come to mind that you would probably be bored while I'm not here. I'll add in some other stuff here soon. Find something that you can do to waste time."

With a flick of her wrist, Yomi actually created a pond, a kitchen, a garden, a lake and a whole small store where you can buy anything in terms of food and small trinkets to play with.

After all was over, they ate the snacks together and Yomi explained most of the new stuff she had made to the person. Naturally you have to pay if you want to buy something in the store, so Yomi gave the person with her some money, it could also be a way for the person to learn how to use and save up money.

Soon Yomi realised that it was really late in the real world, after looking up at the darkening sky in her dimension. Bidding goodbye to the person there, she went back. On the route home, she heard some familiar voices talking. She jumped up and sat on a tree branch, intending to watch on what was unfolding.

"What are you doing, wandering around here late at night?"

"Because in order to get out of the village, you have to take this road."

"Go home and sleep." with that said, tears began to stream down Sakura's cheeks

"...Why? Why won't you tell me anything? Why do you always stay silent? Why won't you say anything to me?"

"Why do I have to tell you everything?" Sasuke snapped. Well it was true. Who was she to ask him why he was doing what he was doing. "It's none of your business. Stop concerning yourself about what I do."

"... You've always hated me, huh? Do you remember? The day we became Genin and when our three-member team was first chosen? The day you and I were here alone, you got mad at me, remember?"

Flashback

"Oh yeah, you know how he doesn't have parents, right? If you're alone, your parents wouldn't get mad at you. That's why he's so selfish."

"The solitude. You can't even compare it to when your parents get mad at you."

"What's the matter?"

"You're annoying"

It seemed that the both of them were reminiscing some memories of the place, feeling a bit curious, Yomi decided to intrude in their memories.

Sakura gave Sasuke a hopeful look, hoping that their memories together would stop him from leaving the village.

"I don't remember." with those words, Sakura felt her hopes and dreams shatter into tiny itty bitty pieces.

I felt the need to add a meme

Sorry I didn't update sooner 

I'll update again in a short while