Chapter 39

Dedicated to LenyshaHowze

Yomi walked around Konoha trying to find Obito, so that she could ask him to train her. It would be suspicious to others if she could be able to do complicated stuff without anyone teaching her. Besides, it would be a nice chance for her to have a reason as to why she knows how to use Kamui. It wasn't like Shin actually asked Zabuza to train him instead. No, nothing like that at all. 

She finally found him in a dango stall, stuffing his cheeks like a chipmunk. She stood beside him, waiting for him to notice her. A while passed and he still hadn't noticed her and so, she coughed to get his attention. Only for him to choke on a ball of dango. 

Yomi hit his back to dislodge the dango from his throat. It worked and the dango got dislodged from his throat. 

"Since I just saved your life, you can repay me by training me for the Third Exam." Yomi said, sitting across from him and taking a stick of dango from his plate. 

Obito gave her the stink eye. "YOU SURPRISED ME!! OF COURSE I CHOKED!! IT WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED IF YOU DIDN'T SNEAK UP ON ME AND STOP TAKING MY FOOD!!"

"You mustn't be a very good ninja if you couldn't sense me standing beside you for a while." Yomi said, taking another stick of dango. 

"WHY YOU-"

"Stop shouting, you're hurting my ears and attracting a lot of attention. What's so bad about training me anyways? I am a fast learner, if I do say so myself." Yomi said, beckoning a nearby waitress to the table. 

"...Fine.. Now leave me to eat in peace. We'll meet up in that one training ground we usually use when we were young." Obito said, reaching his hand out for a dango stick. Only to find nothing as Yomi took the last piece and ate it in front of him. "HEY!!" 

Yomi sighed and took out a roll of money and laid some on the table, "Don't worry, I'll pay for them. Thanks for the food." She said and got up from the table and left the establishment. 

Usually guests had to wait a few minutes while their food were being prepared. Well it was a way to conserve time, just take Obito's already prepared food and pay for the same price without having to wait. 

Yomi wandered around the village, getting looks from the various people that she passed. She ended up in front of the gates of the abandoned Uchiha compound. It was covered in yellow police tape that she ducked under. She walked around, reminiscing about the time when there were still people walking around the compound. Now, the compound looked like a ghost town. 

She finally reached the place where she had intended to go when she entered the compound, the main house. The sliding door was dusty, so was the whole house. Yomi sighed as she rolled up her sleeves and started to clean. Halfway through the living room, she realized something. Why didn't she just restore the house with magic instead of having to clean it by hand? 

So she did, the house looked as it was all those years ago. She trudged up to her old room, taking off her ninja gear and placing them on the nearby desk in her room. With her sword in hand, she laid down on her bed, hugging it close to her. 

"Don't worry, my research will soon be complete... you be able to have your own body and we can be together forever..." she said, her eyes drooping.

'A body would be nice to have, master. Thank you for loving me and staying by my side all these years..'

"I should be saying the same thing to you. Thank you for staying by my side. *yawn*I.. love.. *yawn* you.." her voice trailed off as she fell into dream land. 

When Yomi had woken up, it was already night time. 

"Why didn't you wake me up?" she said, seemingly to herself.

'You looked so peaceful asleep, I couldn't bother you. I noticed that these days you didn't get much sleep.'

"That's cute of you. But I have to go back home, the others will probably be worried." Yomi said, strapping on her ninja gear and placing the uchigatana on her hip. 

She jumped out from the window and jumped on the roofs of the buildings to travel faster. 

Almost reaching the entrance of the gate of the Uchiha compound, she remembered that she could actually shadow travel there without having the need to waste energy by running around. 

Yomi felt her blood grow as cold as ice as her body shifted into shadows. A few moments later, she popped into the living room. The only person there was Zeref, who screamed bloody murder and dropped the carton of milk.

"I-it's not what you think!! I can explain!! I was about to get a glass I swear!! I wasn't going to drink it straight from the carton!" he said, panicking a lot.

"Don't care, not interested. Bye." Yomi said as she walked pass him and into her room. 

She changed into her nightwear and collapsed on her bed, making sure her uchigatana was laying next to her before falling asleep. 

The next few days she spent training with Obito, who taught her a hell lot of Uchiha techniques after he found out that she had the mangenkyo when they were sparring. She had a few days off every week as Obito had to do missions. She met up with Shin who was also on his break. The two talked about what they had learnt from their respective trainers. They passed by a river and the both of them looked at each other with a knowing look. 

They stepped on the water and decided to have a race. They were evenly matched. So Yomi pushed him to the side and started running even faster, it seemed that Shin also had the same idea as the both of them ended up pushing each other. Although the both of them didn't fall, it did make them agitated. 

In the midst of their glare fest, they didn't notice a Naruto who was having his own walking on water training with the pervy sage. They bumped onto Naruto, who fell into the river. The both of them almost fell, but they steadied each other. 

They pulled Naruto out of the river and dragged him back onto the side. 

"Sorry about that Naruto-san." Yomi said, patting his right cheek

"We weren't looking at where we were running." Shin said, patting his left cheek

The both of them ended up patting too hard and made red hand marks on both sides of Naruto's cheeks. 

"Who are these people Naruto?" A voice from the side asked the blonde boy, who was cupping both his cheeks with his hand.

Sorry for not updating yesterday

I do enjoy comments..

Please do comment more.. I love interacting with my readers... 

Tell me what you guys think of it so far..

Are you guys curious about the mysterious replies? What does Yomi mean by 'your own body'? Look forward to the next updates