Chapter 29

A minute of awkward silence passed.

"Lee-san, I didn't know you were into males." Jellal patted Lee's shoulders

Zeref giggled a bit, "It's okay, we won't judge you. We'll support your relationship"  

"You guys, stop teasing him!" Sakura tried to scold them as the 3 surrounded Lee and started patting his back

Hearing Sakura's voice defending him made him look up, hearts start to form in his eyes and he forgot about the whole incident. Instead, Lee walked towards Sakura.  "My name is Rock Lee. You're Sakura-san, right?" Sakura was a bit surprised, but the next few words that came out of his mouth shocked her even more. "Let's go out together! I will protect you until I die!" Lee said with a grin on his blushing face. Sakura paled and her mouth was set in a straight line. "No way, You're too 'unique' for my tastes." She said, making Lee really depressed. 

Soon Lee's team started to talk with Team 7. Looking at the time, Team 12 decided to just leave, they were going to be late if they stayed back too long. Bidding the others good bye, Team 12 and Haku left for Room 301. Reaching the entrance of the room, they were greeted by Zabuza and Obito. Haku left the team's side to talk with Zabuza and Team 12 went to Obito.

Obito grinned at his students, "My precious little students have finally arrived. I was starting to think that you kids had chickened out." 

Cobra rolled his eyes as his hair was messed up by Obito, "Obviously we would come, we were just a bit late as Team Gai and Team 7 were blocking the route here."

"Yea, yea. Whatever. Now are you kids ready? You may lose your life in this exam you know?" Obito said, looking a bit serious and worried

"We were ready from the moment we were told of this exam. Don't worry too much sensei, you'll look older than you already are." Jellal said. 

Obito grinned again at that and ruffled Jellal's hair. "I trust you guys, be safe now. These past few months as your sensei was fun. I hope you kids come back safely and maybe even get promoted to chunnin. So I can beat Bakashi and Gai." He mumbled the last part but was obviously heard by his 3 students. He looked to the side to see that Zabuza had finished his speech to Haku too, the both of them stepped aside and opened the door for their students. 

Inside the room were the ugly extras that Shin was talking about the day before. They obviously gained some attention due to the cute little cats on their shoulders and arms. Team 12 and Haku decided to go to one of the tables to sit on, ignoring the stares. They blocked out everything. The whole room turned towards the door when it opened, revealing Team 7 standing there with shocked looks on their faces. They clearly weren't expecting to see a lot of people competing in the Chunnin exams.

Fear was shown on Sakura's face before it turned to anger when she heard Ino's voice. "Sasuke-kun, you're late!" Ino shouted as she jumped onto Sasuke's back. She was blushing while hugging his neck and Sasuke was giving her an annoyed look that she just ignored as she rambled on. "I've been eagerly waiting for you ever since I heard that I could see you again for the first time in a long time." 

This made Sakura very angry as she begins to shout, gaining even more attention than before. "Get away from Sasuke-kun, Ino-pig!" Sakura said as she pointed towards Ino. "Oh my, it's you, Sakura. Your forehead is wide and you're still ugly, as usual." Ino said as she got down from Sasuke's back, beginning to diss Sakura back. Ino's teammates, Shikamaru and Chouji suddenly just walks up to them and started talking to them. Soon the rest of the Konoha rookies came to them and started talking. Looking at them, Team 12 decided to stay in their spots and just ignore them. Cobra took this chance to listen to some of their thoughts. 

Naruto was introducing every one of the Rookies and Chouji was thinking about how Akamaru looks so delicious. Chouji was about to approach Akamaru, but Shino stood in his way. Chouji was about to step on a bug. Soon someone else approached them, warning them about attracting too much attention since they were the newly graduated bunch from the academy.  He introduced himself as Yakushi Kabuto. The begin conversing with Kabuto, only to find out that he had failed the Chunnin exams 6 times and that was his 7th time. 

He then showed them his card skills. (His card collecting skills. I'm not surprised if this guy actually plays Yugioh) Showing them how many participants there are from each hidden village. There were 30 from the hidden sand village, 21 from the hidden rain, 15 from the hidden grass, 12 from the hidden waterfall, 78 from the hidden leaf and 3 from the hidden sound. Kabuto looked around, confused as there were only 76 participants from the hidden leaf in the room currently. As if noticing his confusion, Haku and Team 12 came forward.

"If you are looking for the 2 other missing participants, they are my team mates. They're a bit late as they had a job to do." Haku said, causing the Konoha rookie group to turn to him.

"Haku! When did you get here?!" Naruto shouted, making some people wince at his loud voice. Seriously, that kid needs to chill. 

"We've been here the entire time, we just didn't really want to attract attention. We reached this room before you guys." Cobra spoke up with a glare on his face, clearly not appreciating Naruto's shout just now. 

Kabuto then asked them a question they didn't bother to answer. They zoned out, like usual. Sasuke then asked a question that caught their attention once more. 

"Are there any cards there that have detailed personal information?"