Chapter 55

This first book is coming to an end soon. 

The second book will take place in the Kamigami no Asobi anime. I recommend you watch it so you can understand it a bit. The mysterious person's identity will be revealed in Book 2. On the ending

Book 3 will be on Shippuden. 

Book 4 on Fairytail's grand magic games

The next day, Yomi's guess really did happen. The two gate guards, Izumo and Kotetsu found the unconscious body of Sakura Haruno lying on that cold hard bench.

After waking her up, they found out that Sasuke had left the village to train under Orochimaru. They left quickly to report it to Tsunade, bringing along with them the documents Tsunade had requested them to bring.

When the both of them reached the Hokage office, they found out that Tsunade was sleeping while they were out getting documents for her, judging from the line of drool on her chin and the ink on her face.

Listening to their report, Tsunade became enraged. "That perverted freak. (In the anime, she said hentai yarou. It could mean twisted freak or perverted bastard. I prefer to use the word perverted hahaha)" She thought about the matter for a while before ordering them to summon Shikamaru and Yomi.

A while later, both of them met in front of Tsunade's office and went in together.

"Late last night, Uchiha Sasuke left the village."

Shikamaru looked shocked to hear that. He looked beside him to look at Yomi's reaction. She didn't look surprised at all.

"What are you both looking at me for?" Yomi asked them with a straight face.

"Why aren't you surprised by the news?"

"Should I be? I talked with him last night before he left the village." she said nonchalantly, not hiding the fact that she had spoken to Sasuke before he left.

"Then why didn't you try to stop him from leaving?" Shikamaru asked her

"What's the point of forcing someone to stay if they want to leave? Even if I did try to stop him, he'd just leave again once he gets jealous of seeing me or Naruto being stronger than him. If I break his bones so that he's forced to stay, he'll just try to escape once he's all healed. There's no point in me forcing him to stay back in Konoha if he doesn't want to. You can't keep him here forever. It's his choice for leaving. Even after I threatened him that him leaving will break our sibling bond. Besides, I could sense unknown chakra signatures nearby. Do you guys want me to risk my life just to force Sasuke back to Konoha when there is also the chance that those hidden enemies would attack me if I attacked or prevented Sasuke from leaving?" Not giving them a chance to reply. She continued on. "If I were to report the situation last night, it would be hard for everyone to search since it's late at night and it's dark. The enemies can easily ambush the people after Sasuke and we would be doing more harm than good. Waiting for sunrise to report would be more advantageous for us. I didn't come to report since I figured Sakura would be the one to do it." She explained. We all know that she just found it too troublesome to meddle in Sasuke's affairs.

"So why did he leave?" Shikamaru calmed down after hearing that.

"Orochimaru lured him."

"Wait a second there. What does a dangerous guy like that want with Sasuke?" he said, beginning to panic once more.

"That's not important. We don't have time to lose. For now, I'm assigning you both your first mission as a Chunins."

"He's after our eyes. As you know, Orochimaru is a person hungry for power and immortality. The Sharingan has a few more other techniques, other than giving you the ability to read other people's hand seals. There are also techniques similar to Obito-sensei's Kamui and you know how strong that is. (Remember, Obito here is a spy. He is still the same here but he's the teacher of Team 12. Team 13 has Zabuza as their teacher)"

"Is the mission to bring Sasuke back?" Thinking about the fact that Yomi had told them there were unfamiliar chakra that were around the outskirts of the village when Sasuke had left.

"Yeah. However, this mission must be completed quickly, and there could be some trouble." Tsunade said also thinking about what Yomi said earlier.

Before they could even ask her. Yomi started talking. "There were around 4 different chakra signatures at that time. There could be even more, just that those four were the only ones on my sensing range."

"There's a possibility that those were Orochimaru's subordinates that were assigned to guide Sasuke to Orochimaru."

Shikamaru grimaced, his face showing how troubled he is about the mission. "So for this mission, I need a squad of four comprised of Jounins or Chunins."

"I can't do that."

"Why?!"

Yomi interrupted him before Tsunade could even reply to him. "Did you turn stupid from hearing Sasuke left the village? Right now we are still suffering shortages of manpower from that Sound and Sand attack. There's no way the Hokage would let a bunch of Jounins and Chunins go along with the mission to bring back Sasuke when there's a chance that other villages would take this as a chance to attack Konoha. Right now, Konoha needs all the manpower it has." Yomi explained to him.

"Although she is harsh, what Yomi said was the truth. I am unable to provide you with the Jounins and Chunins you need. We don't have enough manpower right now. Most of the jounins are out on missions and the ones available are guarding the village against attacks. In the next 30 minutes, gather as many exceptional Genins as you can, then set off on your mission." Tsunade said to Shikamaru. "Yomi, your mission is to track down the jounins that are on the way back from their mission and inform them of the situation so that they can go as back up for the mission. When you're done, go support Shikamaru's group."

Yomi sighed deeply at that. It was more troublesome than she had thought. Maybe stopping Sasuke last night would be the better choice. If she did then she probably wouldn't have to run around this time. Thankfully she had her gates to help her teleport around.

I'm just updating right now because I don't know when I can update again.