<4>

"Like, me and you?" I asked. Huh. Moving to Cali. With my brother.

"Well, more like me, you, Connor and Tara," he smiled. I looked over at him.

"Wait, w-"

"Before you say anything, Tara already talked to her parents and I already talked to mom and dad. You and Tara are going to be living in an apartment right above me and Connor," he explained.

"So I finally get to meet the famous Connor Franta, huh? The kid you're in love with."

"I'm not in love with him!"

"You don't shut up about him!" I laughed. "So, when do we leave?"

"Next week" he stated. I choked on my imaginary water.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah. We have to drive down to Florida, pick up Connor, then head down to Cali, picking up our friend Jc from Texas on the way."

"And you think everybody is going to fit in your car?"

"Well, I'm driving one car and Tara is driving another. I was thinking that you guys can take Jc in Tara's car and I can take Connor and all of our stuff in my car."

"Seems like you've got everything planned," I stated, impressed. I realized we were still in the car, so I unbuckled and got out.

"That I do, Lexa-Lou" he pushed himself up from the seat and started walking into the house.

"I'd start packing if I were you!" He yelled before what sounded like him closing his door.

"Okay, Dr. Seuss."

***

"Gotta keep an eye out for Selenur!" Tara sang along to the radio as we were driving.

"California, here we come!" I yelled. We had picked Connor up and now we're heading off the get Jc.

I was sitting in the backseat, only because I brought my little puppy, Coco, and put her in the front seat.

We finally arrived to get Jc after long long hours of driving.

"So, I guess I'm riding with you guys," he said, slumping into the seat next to me.

"You guessed right," I said.

"So, you're Ricky's sister?" He asked, buckling his seatbelt.

"Yuppers," I smiled.

"I can already see the resemblance," he laughed.

"Lets head off!" Tara said.

"And you are?" Jc asked her.

"Oh, I'm Tara Brown"

"And who's this wittle guy," Jc said in a baby voice, going to pet Coco.

"That's my puppy, Coco. She's a rescue. We found her abandoned in the streets so we decided to just take her home," I explained.

"I have a puppy too! His name is Wishbone. He's a badass,"

"Well, maybe one day they can meet and fall in love," I joked.

"Yeah. That'd be sweet." It was silent between all of us for the next hour or so. Jc was the one to break the silence.

"Hey, Alexandria?" He asked.

"You can call me Alexis," I smiled.

"Um, Alexis, do you maybe want to go get a smoothie or something when we get to Cali?"