<10>

"Do you want to go to the mall?" Connor asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just go get my wallet," I smiled. I ran into my room and grabbed my wallet from inside my desk drawer.

After a few seconds, I walked back into the room to see Connor looking at a picture.

"Who is this?" He asked, pointing to a girl in the photo.

"Thats my sister, Celeste. She's 10 years older than me. She was also adopted, but into a different family. I found her through Facebook a couple years ago and we met up for the first time. that's when we took this picture," I explained.

"You two look so much alike. Anyway, lets head to the mall!"

***

| Connor's Point Of View |

"Oh my gosh" Alexis squealed.

"What?" I asked.

"This dress!" She smiled.

"What about it?"

"It is the prettiest dress I've ever seen."

"So get it," I shrugged.

She looked at the price tag and huffed. "I can't. I really need the money that I have right now until I can get a job," she frowned.

"How much is it?" I asked.

"Three-hundred-fifty-three dollars and seventy-eight cents plus tax," she pouted.

"Damn, that's an expensive dress."

"Yeah... Well, I'm going to go into Victorias Secret. I don't think you'd want to go in there," she giggled. Her giggle was so adorable. It made me smile.

"Okay, I'll meet you in Urban Outfitters in like 20 minutes," I told her.

"Okay see ya," she smiled. I watched her walk away with a smile on my face. I also noticed how she had a really nice butt. Don't judge me.

Besides the fact she has a nice butt, I thought she was an amazing person inside and out. She's honestly anything you could ever want in a girl. I've only known her for a few days but I just know it's true. It's not like I love her or anything. I do know one thing, though.

I like her... and Ricky's gonna kill me.

Once she was out of sight, I grabbed the dress she likes and brought it to the check-out.

"I'm guessing you're buying this for your girlfriend?" The guy at the counter, looking about 19, had guessed.

"No no no, shes not my girlfriend. Just a really close friend," I smiled.

"You like her, though, don't you?" He looked at me, and then at Alexis, who was being greeted by a fan in front of Victoria's Secret. The fan looked like she was about 7 or 8.

"No," my voice cracked. Dammit.

"Dude. It's kinda obvious,'' he laughed.

"Okay fine, I do," I gave in.

"I don't blame you. She seems like a great person. She has a nice butt, too."

"Right?"

The kid laughed. "Well, why don't you just ask her out then?"

"She's my best friend's sister..." I sighed.

"Then just ask him first."

"I already did. He was fine with it, but the problem is that my other roommate likes her too."

"Thats tough. Well, you might as well go for it before your roommate does," he advised. He had a good point. I can't risk it. I know she doesn't like him that way, but I still can't risk it...

"I'll ask her out. Tomorrow. For her birthday, when I give her this dress," I smiled.

"Great. The dress will be three-hundred-fifty-one dollars and twelve cents," he smiled, putting the dress in a bag.

"Okay. Let me just grab my cash," I reached to go grab my wallet when he spoke again.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask, you're Connor Franta, right?"

"Yes I am,"

"You know what? You're a cool dude and this dress is for a special occasion. I'll give it to you half off. My treat,"

"No, it's totally fine, I-"

"My dad's rich as fuck, man. I got this. Bros helping bros."

"Seriously?" I asked, surprised. Why did he even have a job if he was rich?

"Yeah. I know what its like to love someone. Its pretty rough," he shrugged, handing me the bag.

"Thanks," I smiled, grabbing the bag from him.

"Okay so, in total, the dress will be one-hundred-seventy-five dollars and fifty-six cents."

"Thanks so much. I'm just going to stick the dress in one of my other bags so it doesn't look too obvious," I stated, transferring the dress and giving the bag back.

"Alright. You better hurry up because she's coming back," he pointed out.

"Shit! Okay, thanks so much, man! I really appreciate it!" I shoved the dress in one of my other bags and walked out of the store, meeting up with Alexis.

"What took you so long?" She asked.

"The cashier was just a fan of mine and we had a small conversation. No biggie..."