<17>

"You ready to go?" Ricky asked.
"Where exactly are we going?"
"Its a surprise"
"C'mon, please!"
"Okay fine. We are going to three places. The first place we are going is somewhere you've always wanted to go to. The second place we are going is somewhere that is probably also known as Heaven. The third place is just for you. I'm not giving you any hints about it"
"Well, where is the first place?"
Ricky parked his car in a small parking lot next to a big hill.
"We are here now. Just don't look"
"What do you want me to do, put my scarf around my eyes?" I said sarcastically.
"Yes. Thats a great idea"
"I was being sarcastic"
"I wasn't"
"The sass is real" I said, snapping.
"Well, I'm Ricky Dillon, what do you expect?"
I tied my scarf around my eyes and he guided me up the hill. It felt like hours before we finally stopped walking.
"You can take your- um- scarf off now"
I untied my scarf and my jaw dropped when I saw what was in front of me. The Hollywood sign.
"Have I ever told you how much I love you"
"Well, duh"
We just sat there, taking artsy pictures and talking. Well, there wasn't really much talking. It was silent most of the time.
"I'm sorry" I whispered, hoping Ricky wouldn't hear.
"Sorry for what?"
"Sorry for being such a jerk and a hypocrite about what you love to do"
"Lexa, that was years ago"
"I don't care. It was rude and I should've never said anything in the first place. What if you actually listened to me and just stopped making your videos? We wouldn't be here in Cali now and we would've never met Connor or Jc or anybody else"
He sighed.
"Its fine. I don't really care that much anymore. I know you didn't mean it"
"I'm sorry. It was just haunting me and making me upset and I needed to get it out"
"I know you're not only upset about that. What else is going on?"
"To be completely honest, I wasn't fine when I broke up with Timmy. I thought I loved him and that he loved me but that just all went down hill. And then I come here and I get all confused again with this whole Jc and Connor situation and-" I sighed. I couldn't speak anymore. I felt the tears start rapidly rolling down my face. Ricky put his arm around me and I buried my head into his chest.
"Just let it out. You haven't cried in a long time. You just need to get it out"
"Thanks. I'm just happy that I know That you will always be there when I need someone to talk to"
"Thats what brothers are for right?"
"Yup," I wiped the tears off of my face and looked at Ricky, "Anyway, Tara and her boyfriend broke up... Again"
"Really? Again?"
"Yeah. You should go for her while you can"
He paused, as if he was thinking. "What if she says no?"
"What if I say that Tara broke up with her boyfriend because she felt stronger feelings towards you than her own boyfriend" I said in an as-a-matter-of-fact tone.
"Are you being serious?" He lit up.
"Yes. I promise"
"Maybe I will ask her out" he said.
"May the odds be ever in your favor. Wow, that made almost no sense"
We both laughed.
"This is fun" I said.
"And we aren't even half way done"