<5>

(The picture attached is Tara)

"So, um, tell me a little about yourself," Jc suggested, sitting down at the table after grabbing our smoothies.

"There's not really that much to tell," I lied. I had a lot of stuff that I wanted to get off my chest, but I just didn't have the guts to. Especially to someone I just met.

"Well, what are some of your hobbies?" He asked, sipping his smoothie.

"Um, I play the flute and I write and draw," I explained. "I cheered for a while too."

"What do you write?"

"Nothing big. Just little stories. Writing just helps me lose all of the emotion inside of me. So, if I'm like sad or angry, I write," I shrugged.

"Deep," he said. I laughed.

"I also make YouTube videos," I added.

"Yeah. Im a beauty guru. You know, like Bethany Mota."

"That explains why I haven't seen any of your videos," he laughed. "I don't do makeup."

"Don't feel bad, I've never seen any of yours either." We laughed and took more sips of our smoothies.

"Do you know how to board?" He asked.

"Hm?"

"Like, can you penny board?"

"Nope."

"Well, maybe one day while I'm here, I can teach you," he suggested.

"Sounds fun," I smiled.

"It really is," he laughed. "You know, you seem pretty cool. We should do this another time."

"That'd be great."

***

"So, how was your date!?" Tara squealed.

"It wasn't a date. It was just two people sitting down and getting to know each other."

"Was it, Alexis? Was it really?"

"Yes, Tara. Yes it was."

"When are you guys going on another date?"

"We aren't going on a date anytime soon, Tara. We just met. Anyway, we're all going to Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor tomorrow with a couple other people"

"Tomorrow? Dammit. I can't."

"Why not?"

"Andrew is coming down tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday."

"We just got here today! Whatever. Why don't you just take him?"

"Well, we wanted to go to Hollywood and stuff."

"Okay, whatever. I'm going to sleep. I better not wake up to you two having sex at all this week."