<14>

I threw on my sneakers and grabbed my penny board Jack gave me for my birthday. Black board with pink wheels.

"You ready?" Jc asked.

"More than ever."

"Alright, lets start. Which hand to you write with?"

"Right," I told him.

"Okay, so put your right foot on the board and you're going to push off the ground with your left foot," he explained.

"How the hell do you balance on this thing," I asked after falling down about twelve times.

"You just do. I don't really know how to explain it. just balance your weight."

He laughed at me while I struggled. This was surprisingly really hard.

After falling about fifteen more times, Jc noticed that I needed a bit of help. Wow. Thanks for noticing now. I feel the love.

"Here," he laughed, "let me help you."

He grabbed my right hand and helped me stand on the board, getting on his penny board as well. He pushed off his and rode down a hill, taking me with him.

"Jc!" I laughed, "I'm gonna fall and die," I screeched, covering my eyes with my left hand.

"Don't worry, I got you," he smiled.

Once we got to the bottom of the hill, he let go of my hand.

"To turn, you just slightly lean to the side of the way you want to turn. Lean left right now, but only a little bit!"

"If I die, its on you!"

I was really surprised when I actually managed to turn a corner without dying. I stopped so I was in front of the apartments.

"Success!" Jc yelled, riding next to me.

"I did it!" I got caught up in my excitement and jumped up and hugged Jc.

"You did it!" He started spinning me around and we were laughing the entire time.

"What's going on?" Connor asked, turning the corner with Ricky. It was more of a happy, curious question rather than a mad, curious question.

"Jc was just teaching me how to ride a penny board" I explained, smiling.

"It was nothing more, dude. I promise. I wouldn't do that to you" Jc added.

"Cool. We were going to get tacos. You wanna come?" Connor asked.

"Sure. I'll meet you in the car. I'm going to go get my wallet," I ran upstairs into my apartment, along with someone else following me.

"Hey, Lexa, can I talk to you for a minute?"