<9>

Later in the day, Connor and I had went up to my apartment because Jc was filming and Ricky was at his internship. Tara and her boyfriend went to a hotel for the next two days because 'we kept bothering them'. Thank god.

Connor and I were pretty much scrolling through all the social media sites, reading through all the hate and also all the support. Hate didn't really bother me, because I knew I had better things to worry about. And I also had so many supporters that are more important that these people who waste their lives finding enjoyment in other people's misery. It's silly, really.

"How are you so calm about everything?" Connor asked.

"I've let a lot of shit happen in my life. I also learned how to deal with it. Things change and friends leave, and life doesn't stop for anybody," I smirked.

"Did you really just use a Perks quote?" He smiled.

"It fit the moment," I laughed. He let out a chuckle and shook his head.

It was silent, until Connor asked a question that I never thought I'd hear again.

"What happened when you were younger?"

"Um, I-"

"You don't have to tell me," he responded quickly.

"Its fine. I've been holding all of this inside me for 16 years, and I feel like I can trust you," I smiled lightly, biting my lip.

"Really? Are you sure?" He asked. I nodded, readjusting myself on the couch.

"So, um, I'm actually adopted," I started.

"Really?"

"Yes. I just didn't want anybody to know because of the story behind it. So according to everybody outside of my family except you and Tara, I'm blood related to Ricky."

"What happened?" He asked.

"Well my, quote-unquote "parents" were alcoholics. You can say that I was an 'accident'. Anyway, one day my parents wanted to go to a club and my mom couldn't find a sitter. I was still really small at the time so she just thought it would be a great idea to shove me in one of her very big purses so she can sneak me into the bar," I explained. His eyes widened.

"How do you remember all of this?"

"You'll find out. Anyway, my mom had apparently forgotten that I was in the purse and she threw the purse along with all the other discarded ones in some room. Someone came into the room to get their purse back, and heard me crying. The lady called the police and took me out of the bar with her until the police came. That lady was Ricky's mom. The police came and found my mom's ID in her purse and found her-" I took a deep breath, "-and arrested her and my dad. My mom was totally drunk, so they managed to make her spill everything. Both information and her drink," I chuckled. "After my parents were put in jail the police had given Ricky's mom, who was still taking care of me at the time, a choice. Either to send me to an orphanage, or to adopt me. They obviously decided to adopt me. When I was three, I was told what had happened. They thought that telling me at a young age would be better because I would eventually forget about it. But I didn't. I don't think I ever will."

"I'm so sorry, Alexis," he frowned. I looked down at our hands. Somewhere in the middle of that, we apparently locked hands.

"Don't worry about it. Its not your fault," I assured him.

"What about the whole Alexandria situation? How you don't like being called it."

"I just don't like being called my given name because it was given to me by some stupid-ass alcoholics and not the people who I actually care for," I shrugged.

"Oh, but don't you say that in your intro for your videos?"

"Sometimes. I would just prefer not being called it. I'm actually not sure why I refer to myself as Alexandria in my videos, honestly..." I questioned myself. "I don't really celebrate my birthday either. Its really weird, but I just don't..."

"When is your birthday?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Ironically, It's tomorrow."

"That is pretty ironic," he laughed.

"It really is."

"Well, tomorrow we are celebrating your birthday," he smiled, squeezing my hand. "Even if its only me and you."