Chapter 4: Traveling To The Misty Mountains

Warning: NSFW Sexual Content

As expected Thorin had no part of the comforts that Alina try to provide. While the other dwarves woke from the best sleep they had, had in weeks, feeling refreshed. Thorin looked like he had slept on the point of a knife in his back. Perhaps he will accept next time. Thorin's irritation and brooding was worse than ever as they marched toward the Misty Mountain. Alina taken it upon her self to lift the burden of the Company Literally. She decided to levitate their packs. It was a good concentration exercise for her and took the burden off them.

Alina decided to make the same offer to Thorin, big mistake. "Thorin I know that your pack is really heavy. I've come to ask if you would like me to levitate it for you, just to lessen your burden."

He turned very slowly and glared daggers at her. " Are you saying that I am some such a weakling that I would need such help from the likes," He looked her up and down. "Of you? Get out of my sight!"

Alina felt like she just got slapped in the face. Instead of teleporting she walked away from him quite calmly.

"Thorin that was completely uncalled for. She was just trying to be polite and useful to you and you had to insult her like that. You should be ashamed of yourself." Balin said as he walked away.

Alina walked through the forest. Again came the discrimination for being different. The hatred for something she could not help.

"And that's what I get for being nice. Maybe it would be better off if he just died. I can at least save his heirs, or just go home and let it play out as it should." She was talking out loud.

"Now you don't really mean that, Lass."

Alina whipped around and came face to face with Balin. He had overheard her rantings that she was going to give up.

"I'm beginning to believe it is for the best. He has no redeeming qualities at all. He's egotistical, greedy, childish, pigheaded, cantankerous, prejudice, and most of all stubborn. And he is not open to change. You saw how he looked at me, Balin. As if I was the lowest vermin on earth."

"Fili on the other hand is naive, inexperienced foolish and impulsive. But he is open to change. Does not see my kind as a threat but as a blessing. He may even be able to accept mutants that are born here. But in all honesty I would much rather see a different Thorin as ruler, not this one. So I don't know what to do. I know I will save the Durin boys. But Thorin, I'm not so sure. Excuse me I think we're leaving."

Balin felt like he was going to cry. Lord Elrond had told him that this child was the only means of saving all three Durins, because of her love for one. It was quite obvious to him which Durin. She was very dignified about it and would not let it show like some gitty schoolgirl. One had to look very carefully to see the love. Oh yes, there was a certain love between her and the boys but it was more like siblings. Probably to make up for the loss of her own brother. But the one she held for Thorin was quite profound. And now it was slipping away. There was nothing he could do about it. It was up to Thorin.

Everyone Got back into line for the procession, with Alina bringing up the rear. She raised everyone's packs again, then heard a shout from the front.

"We'll have none of that!" Bellowed Thorin.

"But Uncle this helps Alina control her new gift." Kili says.

Thorin gave him an icy glare that shut him up instantly."It also makes the rest of you lazy."

She looked down at the ground."That's alright I'll use my own."

Thorin heard. "No you will not. You will carry it like all the others."

Without complaint she did as she was told. But the whole time she's thinking 'I'm so out of here.'