Chapter 14 Bard And LakeTown

"Someone not to trifled with," Thorin said in a deadly tone.

Bard put his hands up in surrender. "Alright what do you want from me…"

While Balin bargains with the Bowman, Alina went to check on Kili. His wound looked terrible. The arrow was still in it.

"Can you heal the wound, Alina?" Fili asks worry for his brother written all over his face.

"Yes, I can but, not here. There isn't enough time. It's going to take me at least an hour. What we need to do is get that arrowheadd out." She looked at Kili who had grown pale. "What do you say, Ki, can I take it out?"

He looked at her with fever chocolate eyes "yes Auntie, take it out." He then gave her a smirk.

"Okay, you may want to call Oin over so he can bandage this up afterward."

She held out her hand over the wound and using her telekinesis she ripped the arrow out of his leg. Considering the wound, there wasn't that much bleeding. They were able to bind his wound no problem.

Once the deal with the Bowman was made Thorin call everyone aboard. He noticed right away that the Bowman couldn't keep his eyes off of Alina. He wasn't sure why. Was it out of fear or something else? Either way, he didn't like it.

Thorin went and sat next to his love. "Now tell me how did you do that with Bolg?"

Alina sighed and took a deep breath "I blood bent him."

Thorin gave her a questioning look.

"Okay, you know how I can control the water? Well, a person's body is 60% water. And blood is 92% water. So I just tap into the water in a person"s blood and I can control them. So I commanded him to chop off his own head."

Thorin was awestruck! Was there anything this little woman could not do?

"I want to make something clear to you, Thorin. I've never done that before. I don't like using blood bending, its gross and makes me uncomfortable, Understand?"

Thorin completely understood. In other words, don't ask her to do it.

"Aye, my love, I understand."

Little did they know the Bowman had been listening in on their conversation.

As they ventured further into the Lake, the Dwarves were beginning to get frustrated, even contemplating throwing Bard overboard and taking the boat.

"Come on Dwalin,  it's not that bad. I know why you guys are cranky, hold on." Alina tells him.

With a few sweeps of her hands, a mighty wind blew into the boat swirling around each dwarf and completely drying them.

Alina gave them a heart-stopping smile. "There do you feel a little better?"

Some of the Dwarves just grumbled out thanks. Bard having seen the whole thing was amazed. He came down from steering to confront Alina.

"How did you do that?!" Bard exclaimed as rushed closer to Alina, "How did you control the wind without disturbing my boat?"

The Dwarves immediately jumped in front of him blocking his way towards her. Especially Thorin.

Alina looks out from behind the Dwarves at Bard and smiles at him. His heart flutters and he sighs. She makes her way past everyone to stand next to Thorin and Dwalin. She goes to shake Bard's hand when Thorin's hand shoots out and grabs hers. "Alina no, don't."

She pats his hand "It's alright Thorin. It's not like he's the M.R.D. He's just a guy."

Thorin and Dwalin look at each other confused. Alina smiles at Bard, whose breathing hitches, and introduces herself and shakes his hand.