Chapter 23 Contracts and Alliances

The next day Thorin had his Queen, Balin, his nephews, and Dwalin escort him to the tents of that he had come to find out, were King Bard and King Thranduil. They came into the tent and took their seats while they waited for the others. Thorin was in an especially good mood. How could he not be? His One came back to him. She had forgiven him. He got to make love to her twice in one day. Hopefully, he got her pregnant. He would love to have a baby with his beautiful wife, mutant or not.

He was daydreaming about a beautiful baby boy with his eyes and his mother's nose and the Durin chin when the other two kings showed up. The two kings come into the tent and greet everyone. Bard greets Alina and kisses her hand. "It is good to see you again. I'm glad you came back."

He turns to Thorin "I am happy that you have your One back and you are better now, King Thorin."

Thorin takes Alina's hand and kisses it. "As am I, King Bard, and I are much better since my One came back."

It suddenly hit Bard that is the way Sigrid and Fili are. He loves her so much he will die without her. What stronger love could he want for his daughter?

"Prince Fili, when this is over I'd like a word with you."

Fili swallowed hard, then answer. "As you wish, Sire."

Thranduil was watching the entire exchange, "Who is this human girl that sits here."

Thorin's grip on the chair tightens. "She is my wife and Queen of Erebor."

Thranduil smirks, "Then where was she when you and your Dwarves were guests in my Kingdom?"

Alina smirks at him, then leans over to Thorin, "Should I show him?"

Thorin smirks in return. "Do what you did to Dwalin." 

"Are you sure?"

Thorin nodded.

Meanwhile, Thranduil heard the whole thing but it made no sense to him. All of a sudden the woman is sitting in his lap. Scaring him half to death.

"Of course you didn't see me, I teleported in and set the Dwarves free."

Then she teleports back to her seat next to Thorin. Bard had to hold in his laughter at the look on Thranduil's face.

The contracts that Balin had drawn up were fair and generous. Bard got the gold needed to rebuild Dale and Laketown and Thranduil got his white gems of Lasgalen back. As they were preparing to leave  Gandalf comes rushing in.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but I have important news. Alina, what happened to your hair?"

She ran her fingers through her growing hair. "Dragon tried to eat me got trapped in a building nearly burned to death."

Thorin closed his eyes at the memory of her so badly burned. He squeezed her hand.

Gandalf nodded. Then did a double take. "I beg your pardon? Oh well, we'll talk about it later."

After getting Gandalf some food and drink he calmed down enough to speak. "There is an Orc army heading from the East with the intent on taking this mountain."

Legolas and Tauriel walk in at that moment. "There is another army heading in from the North as well, from Gundabad."

We are hopelessly outnumbered," Thranduil says.

At that moment Roarc flew into the tent, landed on Thorin's shoulder. The raven informed Thorin that Dain had arrived and that another Elven army was also arriving.

"I have just been informed that my cousin Dain has arrived with his army from the Iron Hills. But there is another Army of Elves approaching as well."

All eyes turned to Thranduil. "I know nothing of this Elven Army."

Then everyone looks at Gandalf, "Well, let us go and meet them before they kill each other."

Thorin agreed, "My love if you will do us the honor?"

She got up and stood in the middle of the room, "Alright everyone holds hands and take a deep breath and holds it or you will throw up."

The line up went Thorin and the Dwarves on her left. Gandalf, Bard, and Thranduil on her right. With that instruction, she teleported them to the field in between both armies.

When they reappeared in the field most of them were dizzy and stumbled about a bit, Thranduil just swayed where he stood. It was remarkable that Gandalf and Thorin felt more or less fine, no dizziness. After everything had settled down, Thorin went to see his cousin while the others went to the Elven Army. 

"Lord Elrond, I am so  happy to see you, and you are here just in time."

He bowed. "Just I promised you in Rivendell I have brought my army as well as the army of Lothlorien, courtesy of the Lady Galadriel."

Alina was so shocked she hugged Lord Elrond.

He whispered in her ear. "And congratulations are in order on your pregnancy. Do not worry child,  I will say nothing." She looked at him with a relieved look on her face.

*So, this is the continuation of the line of Durin.*' He thinks to himself.

At the same time, Thorin reached Dain. "How did you do that cousin? Appear out of thin air?"

Thorin chuckled to himself. "That was my wife's doing- "

Dain cut him off. "Your WIFE?! when did you get married and what is she a witch?"

Thorin burst out laughing. "We are not officially married by our laws, but we are by hers and she is not a witch. I will explain later. Just know this she is My One."

As Thorin is about to explain what the situation is Alina appears next to Thorin scaring Dain half to death. Thorin laughs again. "Cousin, this is my wife and One. Alina Stark soon to be Durin." 

Once Dain recovered from his fright he addresses Alina, "My lady, it is nice to meet the woman who can change my sour puss of a  cousin."

Dain lets out a hearty laugh and Alina laughs with him. At hearing her laugh Dain grows a little weak in the knees. Thorin helps him stay upright "She has that effect on people. She could probably charm an Orc. Now for the reason, I am here. There are Two Orc armies approaching trying to box us in. They are coming for the Mountain."

Dain becomes furious "And what are these Sprites doing here?"

Alina addresses Dain now. "Thranduil was here to negotiate with Thorin, and Lord Elrond has come to swear his alliance to you, Thorin."

Thorin looked at his wife in complete shock. "He has? Then come, my love, let us go, Dain, come with us."

Dain was a little reluctant but then agreed. "Okay, Lord Dain, just take a deep breath and hold it." With that, they vanished.

They ended up in the Elves tent where Lord Elrond was with the others. Scaring Thranduil again. Everyone else was used to it, including Bard. Dain was a little dizzy after that experience but otherwise felt good. Once Lord Elrond saw Thorin he greeted him.

"Greetings Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror. King Under the Mountain."

He smiled at Alina and greeted her in Sindarin this time "Gi suilon! Melon nîn!" She smiled at him which took his breath away.

"Greeting to you, My Lord Elrond." Thorin looks at her confused.

"The All Speak, I'll explain later." Lord Elrond stands in front of Thorin

"King Thorin I have come to request an alliance between The Elves of Rivendell and The Elves of Lothlorien. We have come here to fight side by side with you and your kin."

As majestic as Thorin could be he answered. "I accept your offer of an alliance and offer my loyalty as well."

Alina suddenly clapped her hands, scaring everyone. "Well I'm glad that went well, but these guys need to get their armor on, so we'll be right back."

With that, she grabbed all the Dwarves and teleported back to the Mountain.