Chapter 91 A Feast In Pepper's Honor.

When evening came, Pepper was so excited about the feast she didn't know what to expect, but according to Tony, it was probably going to be very rowdy. Maybe not at first, but eventually there was going to be a food fight.

"Maybe even an actual fight," Tony said with a laugh.

"Are you serious?"

"Well the last feast I attended, Logan tackled Thorin so yeah, anything can happen."

Pepper gave him a surprised look but didn't bother to ask for an explanation.

She continued to get ready, putting on her makeup and styling her hair. Tony clasps the necklace that he got from Thorin around her neck, and the diamond tennis bracelet he had bought her earlier. She went into the bedroom and put on a sophisticated grey woolen dress and a white jacket. Tony had on his grey pinstriped tuxedo to match.

Once they were ready JARVIS escorted them out of their chambers down to the great hall

Once they were ready JARVIS escorted them out of their chambers down to the great hall. Pepper held on to Tony's arm tightly as they walked. She hadn't been this nervous in a long time, but she wanted to make a good impression on the Dwarves of Erebor. She knew that she was a reflection on the King and Queen as well as Tony. The guards see them coming, they already know that that is the future queen's brother so they bow and open the enormous door for them so that they may enter.

Pepper looks around in awe, the room was enormous, done entirely in gold. Giant fireplaces lined two sides of the wall, three fireplaces on each side, giving off warmth and light. Silver and royal blue chandeliers hung from the ceiling, opposite the entrance was a mural depicting a Dwarven battle. In the corner was a band tuning up. There was a dais where the royal family and honored guests were to sit and on the floor below were tables and chairs for the guests with enough room for dancing after the meal. Speaking of the meal, Bombur had already set up the buffet table with all sorts of dishes, suckling pig, roast venison, roast side of beef, turkeys, potato dishes, vegetables, cheese, fish, and all types of desserts. Pepper noted that most of the dishes were meat and that there were a lot of sweets.

The room was barely beginning to fill with Dwarves, so Tony escorts Pepper to the dais to take their seats, he helps Pepper remove her coat and hangs it on the chair behind her. From their vantage point, they can see the other guests arrive, the next to arrive was Bruce and Natasha, Dwalin wanted to come in with Thorin so he sent Natasha on ahead. They go and sit down with Pepper and Tony, the two Science Bros immediately begin talking about their research. While Pepper and Natasha talk about things that are going on back home and how Natasha is adjusting to living in Erebor. And as they talk, more and more people arrive, Fili had invited Bard and his family to join them at the feast. He escorts them to the Dais where Tony and the others are sitting.

Tony stands up and greets Bard, "Bard it's good to see you again," Tony says as he hugs the King of Dale.

"It is good to see you as well, Tony, and who is this lovely lady with you?"