Chapter42 Bruce Takes Over

When they walked into the chamber Alina was laying in bed staring at the ceiling, She turned when she heard the door open. Her face lit up when she saw Thorin.

"Thorin!  What took you so long?"

Thorin chuckled. "My love, I was only gone a few minutes."

He came over to the bed and peppered her with kisses and tickles her. Bruce couldn't help but chuckle to himself. He had never seen two people more in love than these two. And to think if the Starks weren't so childish and reckless this never would have happened, any of it. Maybe he should stay for while in Middle Earth as well after the baby is born. A falcon arrived with a message specifically for him from the Lady Galadriel via Haldir inviting Lothlorien whenever he wanted.

He cleared his throat to get the happy couple's attention. "Oh Bruce, you're back! What's up?"

Thorin got off his wife, "My Love, I have asked Bruce to be your doctor for this and any other pregnancies you may have. If you wish of course."

This information made her very happy. She loved Oin but this was a new pregnancy for everyone. and she would prefer to be able to get some modern tests done.

"YES! No offense to Oin but I would like access to modern testing and frankly, drugs when the time comes."

Bruce laughs, "Alright then, let's get started."

Thorin was going to leave, when they both said at the same time. "Where are you going?"

He gave them a strange look, "I'm leaving so you can have your exam."

Bruce and Alina looked at each other and laughed.

"Thorin, you can stay if you want, I would prefer that you did. As a matter of fact, your going to be there during the birth." Alina informs him.

"Yeah that's the way it is in our world. Usually, the dad is there for all the appointments, sonogram, and delivery. In this case, you won't have to go far, it's all at the Tower back home. And like I told you earlier, an hour tops the appointment with me."

Thorin decided to stay.

The exam went fine, Bruce estimates that Alina was about 8 weeks pregnant, but would know more when they did a sonogram. Which he would schedule with her before they leave.

"So, for now, you need to eat and rest at least for the rest of the night, then tomorrow you can go back to the healing rooms. Just as long as you take several breaks and eat." 

She saluted him, "Yes, sir, Doctor, sir."

He ruffled her short hair and was about to leave when she asked. "Oh Bruce, can Thorin and I still. you know?" 

Bruce looked at her. "Oh yeah, that is if you want to. Some women lose all sexual desire while others their libido increases." Bruce said his goodnight and left.

At that moment Bombur brought Alina her dinner. "Here we go my lass, just like Balin ordered chicken soup of breast meat only, no fat. A pinch of salt, bread unbuttered and water, enjoy. Oh, Thorin, did you want to eat in here or in the dining hall?"

He looked at his wife. "You can go eat in the dining hall with everyone else, Thorin, I don't mind. If you eat here you're going to have to eat what I am having. I don't think I could handle the smell of meat right now."

He kissed her forehead, "Thank you, my love."

He placed the tray on her lap and waited for her to take her first bite. It was delicious but it needed salt.

"Thorin, please, please send someone for more salt before you go."

He gave her a stern look, "No, Bruce said one pinch and that's all you are getting."

She gave him the puppy dog eyes, which she did very rarely so when she did it always worked. "Just one more pinch that's all."

Thorin could never resist those chocolate brown eyes. He sighs. "Fine, my beloved, I will get you more salt before I go to the feast."

Thorin arrived at the feast late, He went to his throne and sat down. Immediately food and drink were brought to him. All eyes were on Thorin. When He began to eat so did the rest. It was painfully obvious that the Queen was missing. There were murmurs through out the Dining Hall speculating why the Queen was not present due to the fact that she was badly wounded and dying. Balin comes and stands at Thorin's elbow.

"Thorin, I think you need to address everyone in regards to the absence of the Queen. At the very least to our Elven and Human guests."

Thorin regards Balin, he was right. What he did made him look very bad and uncaring. In fact, that was the last thing he was. He wanted to eat and get back to his Azyungâl as soon as possible.

Thorin pats Balin's arm "You are right, I needed to settle my nerves first."

Thorin rose from his chair. In a booming voice, he began. "I would first like to apologize to our distinguished guests for my tardiness to this feast. I hope that even without the presence of my Queen or myself you have been enjoying it so far."

Cheers went up in response.

"In regards to the Queen, she is feeling a bit under the weather right now but extends her greetings and bids that we all enjoy ourselves." Then Thorin sits, another cheer erupts.

Thorin leans back in his chair as Tony makes his way over. "Okay, now what's really wrong with my sister?"

Thorin looked up at Tony and motioned for him to sit. "Nothing, she has some fatigue from overwork attending the wounded. You know how she is," Tony nodded, "She had not been eating or resting as she should have been so Bruce put her on bed rest for at least tonight and a light meal."

"So you're her doctor, Big guy?" Tony asked

Bruce put his glasses back on after he blushed. "Yes, Oin and I discussed it. We both agreed it would be in the best interest of both mother and child that I handle this."

Tony nodded his head, "Square deal, I may have to do something special," Tony said mostly to himself.

Then he patted Thorin on the back. "Don't worry, Bro. My sister and the baby will be fine. Nothing a little nap can't fix. So relax eat and be merry. You got your mountain back, The battle is won, and more importantly, you and your nephews survived! And to top it off you got the girl and she's pregnant with your first born! CELEBRATE man!" Tony says to Thorin and shakes him a bit. A cheer arises from those sitting around the King and Tony.