Chapter 75 Bruce's Results, Thorin's Frustration

Bruce went back to the Birthing Room to run Thorin's bloodwork. He was very curious to find out what exactly is going on with Thorin. The thought had been on his mind ever since Alina pointed out that Thorin looked younger and that his grey hair was gone. Once he gets to the Birthing Room he heads over to his  lab. Taking out several microscope slides, he adds a drop of Thorin's blood on each slide, the places the first one under the microscope. He then takes out a few more microscopes slides that already had blood samples from other Dwarrows so he had something to compare Thorin's to. The rest of the he uses to run his other tests.

A few hours later, the results the blood tests are ready, Bruce reads them over and it somewhat startled him. Thorin was in excellent condition, his cholesterol was perfect, liver function was normal, kidneys working perfectly. CMP and CBC came back normal. All in all Thorin's health was perfect, Bruce compared his finding with other Dwarrow the same age as Thorin and those much younger, and Thorin's bloodwork matched that of a young Dwarrow.

He now takes a look at the blood sample and Thorin's blood doesn't come close to matching any other Dwarrow. As Bruce looks at the sample he notices another blood type mixed in with Thorin's, Logan's blood. As he continues to watch he sees Logan's blood attaching itself to Thorin's cells, making it redder, healthier, making it stronger and ultimately making it younger.

Bruce checks the other blood samples to see if it also doing the same, the other samples prove to be doing the same thing.

"Now this is an interesting turn of events." Bruce says to himself.

"What's interesting, Doc?" Logan asks as he comes into Bruce's office.

"I took a sample of Thorin's blood so I could take a look at it under a microscope. What I found there is what is so interesting. It turns out that your blood not only saved his life, but it has also made him healthier, stronger and it is also rejuvinating him"

"How do you know that?" Logan asks.

"Well my first clue was when Alina told me that Thorin no longer had grey hair and that his face looked smoother. Now that I have a sample of his blood I looked at it under the microscope, what I saw was your Healing Factor bonding with Thorin's red blood cells making him and his organs younger."

"So he's de-aging?"

"No, he isn't becoming a child again if that's what you mean."

"Good, I don't think Alina could handle raising three kids." Logan says as he pulls a cigar from his jacket.

While Bruce was busy with Thorin's blood work, Dis was saying her goodbyes to Thorin and Alina.

"I must take my leave now, Brother, Alina, I shall see you this evening for dinner. I think that it would be safer if we were to have dinner here in your dining room, wouldn't you agree?"

"Aye, I think it would be the safest thing we could do, for now." Thorin tells his sister.

"Balin already announced that you have become ill and must stay in bed, it would not look right if suddenly you show up for dinner as if nothing has happened." Dis informs Thorin, "Now I think it is time for you two to rest, Mahal knows you both could do with more sleep."

Dis hugs and kisses her brother, then goes around the bed to hug  Alina.

"Alright then I will take care of everything, I will have Doriel inform the Company, Mr. Logan, Ms. Natasha, and Dr. Banner that we are having dinner here. In the meantime, you and Alina need to get some rest."

"Aye, Dis, I will get some sleep." he says as Dis leaves their room, "But first I would like to play with my wife." Thorin says with a mischievous glint in his eyes.