Chapter 94 Enticing The Hobbits

It was late in the evening when everyone made their way back to Bilbo's home. They had all had a wonderful time drinking dancing and eating. So much so that some of the Company were quite drunk from the ale. As a matter of fact, Pepper was a little tipsy herself, she giggled as she leaned heavily on Tony while they made their way up to the Smial. The only one that wasn't affected was Logan but that was to be expected.

When they got to Bilbo's home, everyone dispersed to the rooms that Bilbo had assigned to them. Thorin and Alina made their way back to their room where they changed into their nightclothes and got into bed. Thorin wrapped his arms around Alina and kissed her head.

“Did you enjoy yourself, Bunnanunê,(My tiny treasure.)” Thorin asked.

“Yes, I did, Love, I had a wonderful time,” Alina said as she snuggled more into Thorin.

“Tomorrow we have a meeting with the Thain after elevenses. I told him that you, Tony, and I will be meeting him. Though I think Logan will probably want to come along.”

“I'm sure he will. How do you think things will go tomorrow?”

“I do not know, I hope the Hobbits are receptive to the idea of relocating to Erebor, at least temporarily,” Thorin tells her.

“I'm sure everything will be fine.”

Alina yawns and snuggles more into Thorin. She sighs and closes her eyes and falls asleep. Thorin smiles down at her, he kisses her head again then goes to sleep.

The next morning, everyone is too hungover to have first breakfast. But at nine Bilbo gets up to start second breakfast with Alina and Bombur's help. By this time most of the Dwarves and Humans feel well enough to join them for second breakfast.

After second breakfast, Bilbo heads out to do a little gardening while he has a chance and the others head into town to do some more exploring and shopping. Logan lounges around outside smoking a cigar just enjoying the fall-like weather.

They return in time for Elevenses. At which time Bilbo serves some Caraway seed cakes and Lemon tea cakes with tea and coffee. Once they had their cake, Thorin, Alina, Tony, Bilbo and Logan head over to the Thain's Smial. Bilbo knocks on the door and Fortinbras' wife answers the door.

“Good morning, Your Majesty, welcome to our home.” Fortinbras wife says with a curtsey, “Please come in.”

Thorin inclines his head, “Thank you, Mrs. Took,” Thorin says and ushers Alina in first. Thorin goes in next followed by Bilbo, Tony, and Logan.

Mrs. Took leads them into the parlor where Fortinbras is waiting for them. He stands up and bows to Thorin, “Your Majesty welcome.”

“Thank you, may I introduce my wife, Alina, her brother, Tony and our friend Logan,” Thorin tells Fortinbras and his wife.

“Welcome to you all, please have a seat.”

Thorin guides Alina to a chair close to the fire while he sits down next to her. Tony sits down on the sofa with Bilbo and Logan stands by the doorway. He doesn't think that the chair will hold him so he doesn't bother.

“So, your Majesty, you said that you wanted to talk to me about a proposition that you have for my people.”

“Aye. As you may know, Erebor and Dale are the process of rebuilding.”

Fortinbras nods

“We are also in the process of making Erebor a self-sustaining kingdom. With the help of my wife and her brother, we have secured seed that will grow in the area that destroyed. But we are not a race of farmers and the people of Dale were once fisherman.”