Chapter 64 Due Date and Hormones

While the meeting had been going one, Natasha met up with Bruce to get a check up and see how her pregnancy was progressing. She walked into the Birthing Room looking around for Bruce. She spotted him typing away on his laptop making notes on his new patient, he looked up and smiled at Natasha.

"Ah, Tasha, I was just starting a file on you, what brings you in today."  Bruce asks as he takes his glasses off and cleans them.

"Well I wanted to get some information on the baby and try to determine how far along I am, if of course you have the time."

Bruce smiled brightly at her and motioned her over to the examining table. "No, Natasha, I have all the time in the world right now, so why don't you take this gown and go change. We'll start the exam when you get back."

Natasha went into the washroom to change coming out a few minutes later. She walked over to the exam table and with Bruce's help got on top of it. Bruce began his examination and was pretty sure that Natasha was about 3 months now. Bruce decided that he would perform an ultrasound, he was hoping that by determining the size of the fetus they could narrow down her due date.

So without further delay, Bruce had Natasha lay down and lift her gown. He applied the gel to her tummy and then began to run the transducer along her abdomen. It took a moment, but Bruce was finally able to locate the fetus. He took measurement of the fetus from different angles and made notes, then he wiped the gel off of Natasha's stomach.

"Ok, Tash, you can get dressed now, let me do some quick calculations and then I'll let you know the results." Bruce informs her.

Natasha quickly gets up and gets dressed. She comes back out with an anxious look on her face she goes and sits down at Bruce's desk.

"Okay so we have determined that you are in fact three months pregnant and you are only having one. The size of the fetus on the ultrasound only confirms it and if the baby keeps growing at this rate you will give birth between nine and twelve months. More likely nine month like any other human birth."

Natasha couldn't believe in six short month she and Dwalin would be parents, she couldn't have been more overjoyed. She was actually a little nervous at the thought of having so little time to prepare for the baby. But she was sure that with Alina and everyone else's help they would be ready in time. She got dressed and headed out of the wash room. She gave Bruce a hug and a kiss then left.

Natasha walked out of the birthing room looking for Logan and Alina, she found them sitting on the floor with Alina's head in Logan's lap. She walked up to them and quirked an eyebrow.

"Why didn't you just come into the birthing room and wait?" She asked the duo.

"Cause the kid got hot and wanted to lie down on the floor. She decided to use me as a pillow." Logan says with a frown.

Alina only smiles up at her. "So what did you find out?"

Natasha smiles and strokes her belly, "I am three months along, Bruce did an ultrasound and says the baby is the right size for a human baby. Basing everything on that I will probably give birth at nine month, maybe pushing it a year. But Bruce is more confident nine months."

Alina squeals and tells Logan to help her up. She goes and gives Natasha a fierce hug, "I envy you, Nat, getting to see your little one so soon. In another month you'll be showing and look at me you can't even tell I'm pregnant! Alina says bursting into tears.

Suddenly her mood changes and Alina gets all happy. "We need to get you and Dwalin moved into one of the bigger apartments in the Royal Wing, ooh and we need to go shopping for baby things." Alina announces as she begins to walk off towards the Royal Wing.

Logan and Natasha look at each other, "Boy I hope I don't become an emotional rollercoaster like her." Natasha tells Logan.

"I think it's the double dose of hormones she's getting." Logan chuckles, "We better catch up with her before she realizes she's alone and starts cryin'."

"How do you know she'll do that?"

"Because it happened earlier when she thought I had left her alone." Logan informs Natasha with a sigh.

Natasha pats him on the back, "Cheer up, Logan, it's only for another 13 months."

"Ah, shit." The two hurry their steps to catch up to Alina. she had yet to notice they were not right behind her.

They arrived just as Alina turned around to address Natasha. "So, I think we should talk to Thorin and Dwalin about which apartment you should have. I think it should be one with several bedrooms just in case you have more children, but then again you could alway just move again.

Natasha shook her head and smiled, "Alina you're babbling, calm down we still have plenty of time to get ready for the baby."

Alina looked at her as if she had lost her mind "I have plenty of time, you only have six months and there's a lot to do."

Suddenly, Alina gasps. "Oh my god, I only have 13 months to get ready for the babies and there isn't even a nursery for them yet, and we're not even married yet! I have to go talk to Thorin. Jarvis will you take a message to the king, please? Will you tell him that I want to have lunch with him alone, that we have a lot to talk about."

**Right away Miss. Stark**

"Thank you, hey I'll see you guys later I'm going to wait for Thorin." Alina tells Logan and Natasha as she skips off.

Leaving them standing in the middle of the hallway, they turn and look at each other, "What the hell is wrong with her?"

"She probably had too much sugar for breakfast." Logan says, "Well I might as well go with you to find Dwalin, maybe he and I can spar after the good news."