Chapter 52 The Dinner

They slept all afternoon and into the evening. They were startled awake by Fili banging on their bedroom door.

"You're still not awake! It's almost time for Bard and his family to arrive for dinner, get up!" Luckily for Thorin, and Alina, Bombur had everything under control. The boys had been able to bring down a large stag, so they were going to have roast venison with gravy, roasted potatoes, sautéed wild mushrooms and glazed carrots. Bombur also made a cake for dessert. The dining room was already set up by Doriel earlier so everything was perfect.

Thorin groaned and untangled himself from Alina. He sat up and stretched, looking over at his sleeping wife he smacks her on the behind. "Come on, love, time to get up."

Alina opened one eye. "Too tired, go on without me, Thorin, save yourself." He laughed and smacks her again only this time a wee bit harder. Alina squeaks and opened her eyes.

"You're going to pay for that." Thorin smirked at her.

"Oh I hope so, perhaps later though, for now we must get up, Fili is waiting for us."

Thorin and Alina bathed and dress. Thorin was wearing his kingly robes while Alina was wearing a royal gown that belonged to his mother. She was getting real tired of hand me downs, she couldn't wait for Tony to return with her own clothes and her other stuff. Fili and Kili had found some of their uncle old clothes that fit them nicely and looked quite handsome.  They all went out to the gate to wait for the Royal family of Dale to arrive.

As soon as Bard and his family came into view, Fili ran forward to greet them. Sigrid slides off her horse and ran towards Fili, a huge smile on her face. Bard barely had enough time to catch the reins of Sigrid's horse. He rolled his eyes and shook his head, young love. Fili catches Sigrid in his arms and twirls her around, hugging her tightly to himself. He suddenly remembers that they are not alone, Fili puts Sigrid down and gives her a chaste kiss on the lips.

"My love." He whispers, Sigrid turns bright red.

Once Bard and the rest of the family reach Fili and Sigrid, Fili bows. "Your Majesty." Bard puts up his hand.

"Please Fili, call me Bard. I am still unaccustomed to being referred to as 'Your Majesty.' " Fili agrees, then says hello to Bain and Tilda. They make their way up to Erebor, leading their horses.  Three Dwarves come running and take the horses away to the newly rebuilt stables.

Thorin, Alina, and Kili make their way down to greet them, flanked by Dwalin and Jarvis. Thorin and Bard shake hands.

"It is good to see you again, Thorin." Thorin inclines his head in response.

"It is good to see you as well." Bard takes Alina's hand and kisses it. "Alina, my friend, you are looking well." Alina smiles.

"As are you, Bard." Alina hugs and kisses Sigrid on the cheek. "Don't be nervous, everything will be fine." Alina whispers in Sigrid's ear. Sigrid gives her a questioning look, Alina just taps her nose, Sigrid nods. Alina then bends down and hugs Tilda.

"Oh Tilda, my dear you're getting so big. And you're even prettier than the last time I saw you!" The little girl beams under the praise. She shakes Bain's hand and tells him how handsome he looks, the boy blushes.

"Well, shall we head inside?" Thorin says. They all agree and begin walking through the gates of Erebor. Thorin takes Alina's hand and kisses it.

"I can not wait to see you with our children." She smiles up at him, and hugs him around the middle. They make their way through the winding corridors of Erebor to the Royal Halls. From there Jarvis opened the door that leads to the King and Queen's suite. As they entered the suite, they were greeted by Balin and Bilbo.