Chapter 21 Return to The Mountain But Not Alone

sexual content

Tony was in a hurry to his lab when he saw his sister slouching on the couch eating a pint of his Ben and Jerry's ice cream with potato chips, drinking a Dr. Pepper.

"Hi, Alina" He said as he went by.

"Hey, Tony," Alina said between mouthfuls of ice cream and chips.

Tony was almost to his lab when it hit him. He had Jarvis reverse the elevator and take him back upstairs.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Alina looks over the couch. "Tony, language! And I live here."

Tony rolled his eyes, "You know what I mean. Shouldn't you be helping your husband right now with the Dragon sickness?"

Alina lolled her head to the right to look at Tony and that's when he saw the heartbreak in her eyes.

"Apparently, I was insane to think that he would want a THING like me on the throne or that I would be worthy of his love. I was just his plaything that he refused to let go whoring around with Dwalin like a bitch in heat."

Then she burst into tears. Tony rushed over to hold his baby sister, "Honey Bunny, don't cry. You know he loves you. You're his One, its the gold sickness. Remember in the movie how he talked to Dwalin? He almost made him cry from all the awful things he said. It's the same thing. I hate to do this to you but, you have to go back. But first, what happened to your hair?"

She sighed, "It burned off when I got trapped in a burning building in Laketown. Trying to avoid being eaten by Smaug."

Tony nodded then his eyes widened, "Wait, What Happened!"

Meanwhile, in Erebor:

Thorin is sick, he is very sick and it's all because he drove his One away. After he told her all those horrible things, he saw the heartbreak crash into her eyes. The Dragon Sickness left him in a heartbeat.

"Fine, Thorin, if that's what you want, I'm gone." Alina said then she concentrated for home.

Thorin realizing what she meant, rushed toward her. "No, Nooo!"

The white light was building around her. Thorin leaped into the light hoping to catch her. All he caught was air. She was gone. The last thing he saw in her eyes was fear, of him. Thorin screamed out his pain at losing his One. He then clutched his heart and fell over.

Dwalin and Balin came running when they heard Thorin scream. They found him collapsed at the bottom of the steps to his throne barely breathing. "Thorin! What happened lad?" Balin asked him.

He had never seen his friend and king look so terrible. Thorin was in so much pain he grabbed Dwalin, "Kill me Dwalin, I can not take the pain. End my misery, I can not go on."

Dwalin wrenched himself free from Thorin's grasp. "Thorin, what happened, who hurt you? Let me get Oin, or maybe Alina can heal you."

At the mention of her name, he let out a blood-curdling scream and doubled over. "ALINA MY LOVE, MY ONE! SHE'S GONE! NEVER TO RETURN! AND IT'S. ALL. MY. FAULT!!" Thorin screams at the top of his lungs. He collapsed back onto the floor unconscious.

Dwalin and Balin looked at each other. Could this be true? If she isn't here then line of Durin will perish. And at this rate, it will start with Thorin now. Dwalin picked up Thorin and threw him over his shoulder. He then carried Thorin to his chambers. When the armies of men and elves arrived demanding their shares, Thorin was in no condition. He sent Fili in his stead to talk to Bard and to give him whatever he wanted.