Chapter 68 Dis' Thoughts, Bombur's Report and Alina's Idea

The feast had finally come to an end in the wee hours of the morning, and everyone had gone back to their homes, full and happy over the night's events. There was one person who was not so happy as she made her way to her rooms. Dis was ever the charming Princess as she bid Dale's Royal Family and the other guests goodnight, but the minute she was alone her façade fell. She arrived at her apartment where the guard opened the door for her, she nods to the guard and goes in.

"My lady Dis, did you have  wonderful time at the feast?" Her maid asks.

"Yes, yes, it was a lovely feast, dear, now help me get out of this and prepare for bed."

The maid did as she was told and left Dis alone, bidding her goodnight. Dis changes into her nightgown then goes to sit at her vanity. Picking up her brush she began to brush out her hair as that night's events run through her mind. She suddenly threw down the brush.

"Damn, that girl."

Dis was convinced that the wisp of a girl would panic and crumble under the pressure and the scrutiny from all of Dwarrows in the hall. But she handle herself with grace and dignity that embodied a queen, Dis hated that. She also hated the fact that Thorin has made it official that he was now betrothed to this girl and that he had every intention of marrying her. She didn't mind Fili's announcement, it was something that needed to be done anyway. But Thorin announcing his, only made it more real. She needed to do something to stop it, somehow she needed to find a way to convince Thorin to send her back to her own world.

While Dis is fuming in her room, the Royal couple are slowly making their way towards their home, bidding goodnight to those that cross their path. Taking their time and enjoying each other's company. Finally arriving at their door, they greet the Iron Man suits. Thorin opens the door for his Queen, then follows her inside. Thorin closes the doors behind them, wrapping his arms around her waist, he leans in to give her a kiss, when suddenly her eyes widen, slapping her hand over her mouth she makes a dash for the bedroom straight to the wash room. Alina barely made in time to empty her stomach in the toilet.

Thorin hurries into the wash room, he came in time to hear Alina wretching in the toilet. He stepped up next to her and pulled her hair out of the way, he begins rubbing her back in slow soothing circles. Once she finished retching, Thorin handed her a cup of water so she could rinse out her mouth.

"Are you alright, my love?" Thorin asks as Alina slumps down onto the floor, he goes and sits down next to her.

"I'm alright, Thorin, it was only a bit of morning sickness."

Thorin pressed a hand to her forehead to see if she had a fever, "Should I summon Bruce, Amrâlimê?"

"No, this is normal, we've talked about it before, Thorin, this is going to happen to me from time to time, no big deal.

"Aye, we did talk about it, but that doesn't mean I like seeing my beloved ill, what can I do to help.?"

"You can give me a minute to myself so I can clean up and then get me some crackers and ginger ale, I'll be out in a minute." Alina tells Thorin with a smile.

Thorin agrees, he helps her off the floor then leaves her so she can wash up. Once Alina has washed her face and brushed her teeth she came out of the wash room. Thorin was at his desk reading some papers, he had already changed into his night clothes. He was sitting there in blue loose sleep trousers and a no shirt, but he was wearing a a royal blue robe.

Alina walked up to her wardrobe to pull out some red fleece pajamas and her bunny slippers. She laid them out on the bed and tried to unzip her dress. Struggling to unzip her dress, she walked over to Thorin, who was too engrossed in reading the document in his hand to notice. She stood next to him, running her fingers through his hair, he finally looked up.