Chapter 15 Another Mutant In The Family

Sigrid and Alina made their way back towards her home. Sigrid was so excited to see Fili. She wasn't sure how things would go but she was excited anyway. She was also happy about her power, what was it called again? Ah yes, telekinesis. She couldn't wait to tell her father. And if he couldn't accept it, she would follow Fili and Alina wherever they were going.

Upon entering the house Bard snatched his daughter into his arms.

"Thank the gods you are alright. Did she hurt you?" Sigrid was astonished, the Dwarves were insulted.

"No Da, why would she hurt me? I'm a mutant too." Bard got upset.

"You are no such thing, stop saying that!" Sigrid shouted back

"But I am, watch"

Alina had told her a little bit about how her powers worked and how to control them on the way back so she could show her family. Sigrid concentrated on the chair to move it. But since her emotions were revved up instead of just scooting it a little she ended up flinging it across the room and breaking it into splinters against the wall.

Balin winced "See Laddie that is why your young lass needs a mentor. She has the same power as ours. The first time she used it, she was angry at Thorin, sorry Thorin, and flung him across a garden. She could have broken every bone in his body if Thorin had been human."

Bard thought about it for a minute. "Alright, Darling, I think I can understand what you need. I'll go look for Alina."

Sigrid smiled "Oh you don't have to look for her. She's right outside. Come in, Alina."

With that, Alina teleported inside. Bard nearly jumped out of his skin. "Must you enter like that?"

Alina rolls her eyes. "Ugh fine" With that, she teleported again then walked in through the door.

"Better?" She says to Bard with a cheeky grin.

Bard laughs and bows. "Yes, thank you." The Dwarves are rolling on the floor with laughter.

Alina makes her way over to Thorin. "I need to speak with you, can we go outside?"

Thorin took her hand, got up and they went outside. The minute they got outside he took her in his arms and kissed her passionately. They parted to catch their breath. Thorin puts his forehead to hers. "Well done my love. Handled like a true Queen of Erebor."

Alina looks into those impossibly blue eyes. "About that Thorin, how set are you on Fili marrying Royalty?"

Thorin gives her a queer look. "Very why, what has happened that I am unaware of?"

Alina gives him an innocent look, which makes Thorin suspicious. "Well my love, it would appear that Fili has found his One… and it just so happens to be the newly discovered mutant in there."

Alina says and points inside with her thumb. Thorin is dumbstruck for a few seconds, then he asks. "How do you know this?"

She lets out a small laugh. "You're kidding, right? It's written all over his face when he looks at her and the way he acts, plus now that I know what it smells like. He reeks of a Dwarf in love. Remember, the nose knows. If you don't believe me ask him. And for your information, she feels the same way. Can you handle another mutant in the family?"

Thorin thought about it. The fact that she was a mutant didn't bother him in the least bit. What did bother him was the political aspect of it, but there was nothing he could do. If Fili had indeed found his One, Thorin would never take that away from him. Knowing how it feels to be away from his One he would not do that to Fili. The problem was Bard. But first, he would talk to Fili.

"Alright, my love, I will speak to Fili and  if what you say is true I will support him."

Alina squeals in happiness and peppers Thorin with kisses. "Oh thank you, Thorin!"

She continues to kiss him. They stay outside for a bit longer just holding each other and giving each other sweet kisses.

After they go inside Thorin calls Fili outside to speak with him. It turns out that everything that Alina told Thorin was true. "How did you know Uncle?"

Thorin crosses his arms, "Alina, how else. Apparently, you and I reek of the smell of Dwarves in love with their Ones." Thorin says then chuckles making Fili laugh as well. "Oh and to ease your mind, the lass feels the same thing for you."

Fili's eyes light up he is about to rush inside when Thorin grabs him by the arm. "Now is not the time to promise anything, we still have a dragon to face."

Fili gives him a look of desperation. "I just want to tell her my feeling, Uncle, nothing more." Thorin sighs and nods his head.

Fili rushes back in, but Thorin follows at a slower pace. He makes his way over to Alina. Putting an arm around her waist he kisses her head. "You were right she is his One. It would seem there will be another mutant in the family, I suppose I will have to write that law after all."

She gives him a curious look. "What law?" He kisses again.

"A law stating that any mutant living or born in Erebor shall not be discriminated against for any reason. I did not think it would necessary because who would say anything to their Queen and her children. But now with the appearance of this lass, there are bound to be more mutants. Even Dwarrow ones. I will not have them go through what they go through in your world."

She gave him a passionate kiss that left them both breathless. "Thank you, Thorin, but remember just like not all humans are good, it's the same thing with mutants. Remind me to tell you about Magneto one day and you'll see."

Thorin looked interested to hear more, but he saw how tired Alina looked. He asked her to sit in the chair while he asked Sigrid if there was a place that she could rest. Sigrid said her father's room. Thorin then went back and got Alina. He led her to the Bowman's room so she could rest.

"Are you not going to join me?" Alina asked in a drowsy voice.

"No, my love, I must see what kind of weapons this Bowman has." He kissed her passionately tucked her in and left the room.

Alina woke to a pair of strong arms holding her tight to a muscular chest. She struggled to get away when the arms just tightened their grip around her waist. She was about to blast whoever it was with kinetic energy when that person spoke.

"Shh, Amrâlimê, you'll wake the others." She instantly relaxed and cuddled back into him. Thorin threw his leg over her and pulled her closer to him.

"So how did it go with the weapons?"

Thorin nuzzled her neck. "Not as well I would have liked. We are breaking into the armory tonight to get better weapons."

Alina got excited. "Alright count me in just let me know when."

A flash of worry crossed his face. "For now we are all resting. Let us go back to sleep, my love, we shall go tonight."