Chapter 95 Lover's Quarrel

The next day everyone prepares to return to Erebor. Bilbo takes Thorin aside to speak with him, “Thorin, I want you to know that the minute I hear anything from the Hobbits I will go to Erebor and let you know.”

“Thank you, Bilbo, and when you do I will have contracts drawn up for the Hobbits outlining everything that we have agreed upon.”

Bilbo nods then he hugs Thorin, “Have a good trip and I shall see you in a month.”

Thorin hugs him back, “Thank you, Bilbo and we look forward to your visit.”

After that, Bilbo said goodbye to the others giving hugs to Alina and the Company and kissing Natasha and Pepper's hand. When they were finished Thorin opened the portal to Erebor and they made their way home. The minute they arrived, Balin started filling Thorin in on what had been going on in the mountain since they had left. Everyone else disperses to their homes.

“Thorin, there are several mine shafts that have been inspected and they are not structurally sound. They could collapse at any moment. There has been flooding in some of the mines from ruptured pipes leading from the hot springs,” Balin tells him as he hands every report to Thorin.

Thorin sighs, “Let me escort Alina to our chambers then change and I will meet you in the council room.”

Balin bows, “Yes, Your Majesty.”

Thorin takes Alina's hand and begins to walk with her towards their chambers. As they walk Thorin runs his hand over his face in frustration, “I knew that Smaug would have caused damage but I was hoping it would not be as bad as this,” Thorin says as he walks into their chambers.

Alina stays quiet for a little while. She was thinking over everything that Balin had said and she thinks she has an idea. But the only problem was getting Thorin to agree to it.

They walk into their bedchambers and Thorin goes to his wardrobe to change into more appropriate clothes. Alina sits on the bed and watches him. Once he changes, he puts on his crown and walks over to Alina to give her a kiss.

“Goodbye, My Love, have a good day. I probably will not see you until this evening. I will be in council for the rest of the day trying to figure out how we can fix this mess.”

Just as Thorin is going to walk away, Alina reaches out and grabs his hand, “Thorin, wait. I think I have a solution to our problems.”

Thorin furrows his brow, “Oh?”

“Let me fix it.”

Thorin tilts his head and looks at her confused. Then his eyes widen when he realizes what she is talking about, “No. I will not let you use your powers.”

“But, Thorin, with my powers I could fix it so much faster, safer and easier.”

“No.”

“Why not, Thorin?”

“This is no concern of yours. This is a Dwarven problem and the Dwarves will handle it. We do not need help need your kind of help!” Thorin yelled.

Alina looked at Thorin shocked. She couldn't believe how angry he had become just over a simple suggestion, “So what you're saying is that I can help supply food for the people but when it comes to the actual mountain I have no right to it because I'm not a Dwarf?! Or is it because I'm a mutant?”

Thorin realized what he said. His mouth dropped open and he made his way towards his love, “I did not mean it that way, Amrâlimê,” He said as he took her hands in his.

She pulled her hands out of his and backed away, “I think you better go now, Thorin, you're going to be late for your meeting.”

“But, Âzyungel, let me explain.”