Chapter 49 Healing and Fili's Announcement

Once the Avengers were gone everyone dispersed, Thorin wrapped his arms around his wife and kissed the top of her head.

"Come, my love, let us get you back to bed. I think this has been enough excitement for one day." Thorin said as they walked toward their chambers.

Alina frowned, "You know, Thorin, I'm feeling much better today than I was yesterday and I'm pretty sure my healing factor is starting to kick in so my powers have returned. And Bruce said I could go back to the Healing Room as long as I eat and rest so… bye" With that Alina vanished.

Thorin let out a sigh and made his way to the healing room.

Thorin made it to the healing room a  little out of breath, he didn't run but he was walking faster than normal. He couldn't help it, he was worried about his wife and mate. Thorin was positive that Alina was going to push herself past her limit and he was not going to allow it. He pushed the doors opened and scanned the room, then he spotted her. She was already healing an injured man. Thorin stood in the shadows and watched intently. The minute she showed signs of fatigue he was going to swoop in and take her home.

When Alina arrived in the healing room she immediately sought out Oin. "Lass, I'm glad you're here. There are several severe cases that could surely use your healing."

Oin led her straight away to the man she was with right now. The man had a severe belly wound that was already infected. The other healers thought that there was no hope for him, but Oin thought otherwise.  He had already laid out a basin of water at all the severe cases just in case Alina showed up. So, Alina began to work on the man right away. It took about 10 minutes to heal the man from Dale and get rid of the infection. The man's eyes fluttered open, he looked around then spotted her.

"Are you an angel come to take me away?"

Alina smiled down at him, "No, I'm just a healer that has healed your wound."

She wipes the sweat from his sweaty brow with a damp cloth when he grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Thank you, my lady."

She gently pulled her hand away. "No need to thank me, now close your eyes and rest." The man did as he was told.

Thorin looked on, a sense of pride swelling in his chest, though he was a little annoyed about the kiss he would let it pass. He continued to watch from the shadows. Oin saw the outline of his figure and approached him silently.

"What are you doing, Thorin?"

Thorin jumped, he wasn't expecting anyone to see him from where he was. He turned to face Oin, "Oin, I didn't hear you approach."

Oin smiled at him, "No, I wouldn't expect you would, the way you watch your wife. Relax, Thorin, she is doing quite well, no signs of fatigue. I too am keeping a close eye on her."

They both looked back to see that she had moved on to another critical patient.

"I can't help but worry, Oin. I can't stand the thought of her getting worse and putting her and the babies in danger."

Oin looked at him surprised, "Babies?! What makes you think she is having more than one?"

A smile came over Thorin's face, "Logan told us he said he was able to hear two heartbeats and when Bruce returns he will bring some sort of equipment that will somehow tell us if Logan is right." Oin nodded.

Alina had finished healing her third patient when she decided to sit down and rest. It wouldn't do to overwork herself, she knew Thorin would be very upset if she did. She sat down on a chair and wiped the sweat from her brow with a handkerchief. The minute she sat down Thorin sprinted to her side. Kneeling down beside her, he took her hand and felt her forehead. Alina looked at him surprised.