Chapter 53 Avengers Return

You know how they say 'time flies by when you're having fun?' Well it did not apply in this case at all. Time went by so slow, it might as well have been going in reverse. The week seemed to drag on for everyone involved, especially Dwalin. Thorin did everything he could to keep his mind occupied, from helping with the clean up to sparring with him everyday. It seemed to be helping for the most part, but at night is when Dwalin couldn't stop thinking about his One.

Natasha was no better, her heart and her mind were with Dwalin almost to the point of distracting.

"Hey keep your head in the game, Natasha!" Steve told her in her earpiece.

"Sorry Cap, just got a little distracted." Natasha said.

"Look, I understand that you miss Dwalin, but you have to remember, the sooner we get this over with the sooner you can return to him." Captain America informs her.

"Yeah, besides we wouldn't want to return you to the Dwarf damaged, he'll likely kill us all." Hawkeye says in the communicator. They all nod their heads.

"Yes, the Dwarf is very formidable." Thor adds.

Natasha smirks. "Damn right he is."

Steve rolls his eyes. "Okay people let's get back to the business at hand, the Hydra base..."

The week finally comes to an end. Thorin is full of anxiety, was Tony able to make the teleporter? Were they going to be able to bring his people home sooner than they thought? All these questions are running through Thorin's mind as he, Alina, Dwalin, Bilbo, and the rest of the Company wait at the end of the Royal Wing for the Teleporter to open. Suddenly a bright white light can be seen and out of that white light saunters Tony Stark.

"Hi guys, did you miss me?" Alina runs towards him and gives her brother a great big hug.

"Tony, it's so good to see you and yes I missed you." She gives him a kiss on the cheek. Thorin comes up to Tony, hugs and pats him on the back. Tony winces.

"We have all missed you Brother, welcome back."

"Don't forget about us, Kid" Logan says as he emerges from the white light. Alina runs into his arms and he twirls her around, she kisses him on the cheek. Thorin looks on with a smile. Though deep down there is a small twinge of jealousy. He has to remind himself that there is no reason for it.

"Hey, save some of that for the rest of us, Munchkin." Hawkeyes says as he pushes some medical equipment through the portal. He is followed by the rest of the team doing the same thing. They are followed by Bruce who has a clipboard in his hand and is checking off items off his list.

Bruce looks up from what he is doing and walks over to Alina. "Hello, Munchkin, how are you feeling?" Bruce asks while ruffling her hair. She gives him a hug.

"I'm doing fine, Bruce. The fatigue seems to be gone but I'm starting with the morning sickness." He gave her a sympathic look.

"Once we get all this equipment set up I'll take a look at you. Thorin, how are you, how are thing going here?" Thorin walks over and shakes Bruce's hand.

"I am doing well, as long as my Amrâlimê is if doing fine, so am I. As far as Erebor, The clean up is going slowly but surely both inside and out. More Dwarves have arrived from the Iron Hills to help."

Bruce nods, "And the wounded?" Thorin turns to his wife.

"They're doing well, I've been able to heal the most critical ones and speed up the healing on some others." Bruce gave her a look. "Don't worry, Bruce I haven't been pushing myself, Thorin would never allow it." She says taking Thorin by the hand. He raises her hand to his lips and kisses it.