Chapter 65 The News

Natasha and Logan watch Alina skip off to her room, Natasha shakes her head. "She's such a brat." Natasha tells Logan.

"Yeah, but she's our brat." Logan counters.

"True enough, come on, Logan, let's go find Dwalin and tell him the good news.

They head down to the council room to see if Dwalin is still there, but when they get there the room is already empty. It was already lunch time so the next logical place he would be is in the dining hall eating. Natasha and Logan enter the dining hall seeing Bruce and the entire company there minus Thorin, who had surely gone to have lunch with Alina.

They look around to see where Dwalin is sitting , but he spots them first, standing up he motions for them to come join him. When Natasha reaches him, Dwalin embraces her, giving her a peck on the lips while his hand drifts to her tummy.

"Hello, Amrâlimê, how was your morning?" Dwalin asks as he pulls out the chair for Natasha, then he sits down next to her. Logan sitting on the other side of Dwalin.

"It was good, I went to see Bruce this morning to find out how far along I am and to see if he could determine when the baby is due."

"And what did he tell you if you don't mind me asking?" Balin asks from the other side of Natasha.

"He said that I'm three months pregnant and that judging by the size of the fetus, I should be due in six months.

Dwalin had been smiling the whole time Natasha was explaining everything, suddenly his face fell.

"Six-six months? But, but tha-that is too soon, how will the babe survive?!" Dwalin started hyperventilating then suddenly his eyes rolled back and he passes out.

"Dwalin!" Natasha cried out as he began to slide underneath the table. Logan grabbed Dwalin and began to haul him up into a sitting position. Bruce who happened to be sitting across from Dwalin got up, rushed over to Dwalin and started checking his vital signs.

"It's okay, he just passed out, luckily I happen to have some smelling salts with me just in case you or Alina fainted, Natasha." Bruce informs Natasha who raises an eyebrow at the doctor, what an odd thing to carry in one's pocket.

Bruce broke open the smelling salts and passed it under Dwalin's nose, almost immediately, Dwalin jerked awake and looked around at everyone that was now crowded around him.

"What happened?" He asks sitting up more in the chair.

"You passed out, Bub, after hearing Nat's news." Logan informs him.

Dwalin looks at Logan confused for a moment then it dawns on him what Logan is talking about, panic once again begins to set in his eyes as he turns to look at Natasha.

"Did you say six months, my love, the baby is due in six months?" It's too soon it will never survive outside your womb!" Dwalin nearly yells at Natasha.

Natasha peers down at her love with a confused look then suddenly she understands, tears begin to fill her eyes at his concern.

"No, honey, you don't have to worry about the baby, it'll be fully developed in six months, isn't that right Bruce."

Dwalin turns to look at Bruce crossing his arms waiting for an explanation. Bruce takes off his glasses and wipes them before answering.

"That's right Dwalin, human pregnancies aren't nearly as long as Dwarrow pregnancies, human pregnancies only lasts nine months. Though as I told Natasha this one could actually last twelve, but I highly doubt it."

"I don't understand, Lad, why is it that Natasha's pregnancy is only going to last nine months when Alina's and Sigrid's are going to last 18 months?" Dwalin asks concern still lacing his voice.