Chapter 3: The Death of Lord Gregory

“Dead! The Lord Gregory is dead!”

“Maybe it’s not him. Maybe it’s some kind of magic that Brycerion used to confuse us” Lord Barnes interrupted.

“Shut up Barnes! This is serious! We must respect Gregory’s body” roared Lord Bryce then smiled secretly.

“Sorry Lord Barnes, but I agree to the words of Lord Bryce.

“We must respect Lord Gregory’s body” the king declared.

“But what could have happened to him?” asked Lord Thaddeus.

“Murdered or killed by an accident it is Lord Brommin” replied Lord Anthony “But we can’t be sure yet.”

“Guards!” the king called, then the two guards came into his front.

“Yes your majesty?” the guards asked.

 “Bring the body of Lord Gregory to the seven Lords’ grave” the king added. As you must know that the Kingdom of Centaurion already has graves ready for every people in there so if anything happens, it will always be ready.

The guards then took the body of Lord Gregory to his grave but they first covered his body with cloth and put him on a stretcher.

“Wait us there guards” the king added “Don’t burry his body yet, his family must know. Also, light two candles on his grave while waiting for us.”

“It will be done sire” answered the first guard.

“These are dark times my king” said General Cornelius “We must be cautious at all times.”

“The general is right sire, we must be cautious and must be ready” Lord Thaddeus added “The death of Lord Gregory could have been done inside the kingdom.”

“We are not sure about that yet Lord Thaddeus” Lord Bryce interrupted.

Then the king abruptly said:

“I want all of you to go to the grave of Lord Gregory as well. Lord Digory, please come with me to go to the family of Lord Gregory” the king ordered.

“Okay my king” answered Lord Digory.

Then the two headed to visit the family of Lord Gregory while the others went to the grave of Lord Gregory.

At the grave of Lord Gregory, the guards put the body of Lord Gregory on the front of his grave and they also lighted candles as the king commanded them then they guarded the grave and waited for the King and Lord Digory as well as for the family of Lord Gregory.

During their walk, every person that they meet are very pleased to see them both.

“Sire, do you think they’ll blame us for the death of Lord Gregory?” asked Lord Digory.

“I hope not. They all know that this Kingdom is always at peace and only now a tragic happened again after the death of my wife” the king answered.

“I’m sorry about that sire.”

“Don’t be Lord Digory, none of your faults.”

“Sire, not to be rude or anything for asking this, do you think that he is on the move against us? After I’ve seen him yesterday, do you think he is getting ready?” Lord Digory added.

“I am afraid that you are right Lord Digory. These things won’t happen if there is no definite reason. He must be planning something” the king answered.

“But are we ready if anything happens, if he attacks all of a sudden?”

“We should be my lord, but for now, we must take care of Lord Gregory’s family.”