Chapter 48: The Connection from the past

As the mists had taken Briann to the Southern Kingdom and Joshua in the Northern Kingdom, both were transported to the Kings’ son/daughter’s room (but apparently, the son of King Vilespiann is not in the room while the two sons of King Clive are out for a training). So both opened the door of the room and went out. They first went to the Council Room but no one is inside. Soldiers in those Kingdoms did recognize them as the Guardians so they asked the soldiers until one of the soldiers led them to the Great Hall.

Inside the Great Hall, there’s the King and the General. Only two of them are there inside and they are discussing something but the King Vilespiann and King Clive did not ask anything but the purpose of the Guardians’ visit.

The two said their purpose and both kings were silent after the two said their purpose of visit.

In the Southern Kingdom,

“Are you sure that the Eastern Kingdom is really in peril?” General Thomason added.

“The Guardian won’t be here just to lie and trick us” the king said “After all, my queen is there as well.” Then he looked at General Thomason and said a thing using his eyes. The General nodded then he left the premises. After that, the king approached Briann and said “Thank you young Guardian but pray that it is not too late.”

“You are very welcome sire but, shouldn’t I help you?”

“You are to return in the West in just a few minutes, it’s the effect of the portal bean and I do not want you to be in this mission, you are not mine.”

“I understand sire.”

“Now, wait for the mist to take you back home and tell to the Queen Clessandra that we will be in the Eastern Kingdom in a week.” Then the king took something in his pocket “Here.”

“What is that sire?” Briann asked.

“It’s a bag of portal beans, total of ten inside. This is a spare from our kingdom and I know the Western Kingdom do not have any more so take this with you young warrior and use it in your greatest need.”

“Thank you sire and I shall do what you have said” then the king smiled to him and Briann paused but as the king reached the door, Briann interrupted “And sire!” The king looked at him “Good luck and I pray that it is not too late.”

In the Northern Kingdom,

After Joshua said the message from Queen Clessandra, the king just said “Now” in a very deep voice. Then the two soldiers inside and the general left the room while the king and the Guardian were left inside, then the door opens again after a moment and the Queen Joy came in.

“Here’s what you have asked me to give” the queen said then she handed a small bag to her husband the king.

“Thank you my queen” sad the king “Now, take this small bag that contains portal beans (ten are inside as well), use them well.”