Chapter 39: Farewells

Whatever happen to Achren and the archers? Well the archers did fight the jinns and now, they are inside the castle’s inner gates (now) for they are helping the others and they shoot all the remaining jinns.

“Lord Barnes!” then Couragesonn looks at the inner gates “Empty?” he whispered to himself. 

“Now what’s with the dragon?” asked Lord Carac.

“Still alive I reckon” added Lord Dain.

“You can all see the dragon is still alive but it’s now weak and getting weaker after I’ve stabbed him at his chest” answered Couragesonn.

“Your majesties” interrupted Lord Brom.

“What is it Lord Brom?” asked Lord Anthony.

“Look!” then Lord Brom pointed to them the battleground.

“The jinns” began Lord Anthony.

“They are disappearing” added Lord Dain.

“More like they are just mists” continued Lord Brom.

“Oh no, this can’t be happening!” exclaimed Lord Walter.

“Why Lord Walter?” asked Lord Fendrel “They are disappearing now.”

“Yes” interrupted Lord Barnes (then he paused for a while) then all looked at him at once “Yes they did disappear but it’s going to be worse.”

“What are you talking about my lord?” interrupted Couragesonn.

“Get ready all of you” ordered Lord Quinn.

“Wait... Wait a minute” interrupted the prince “I cannot understand what you two are talking about. What do you mean by ‘They did disappear but it’s going to be worse’ sire?”

“You’re not saying...” interrupted Lord Anthony.

“Yes Anthony” began Lord Barnes “It’s in the Old Tale.”

“What?!” exclaimed Couragesonn “I... I thought it’s already finished after the Land of Misery was destroyed!”

“Peace my prince” began Lord Barnes.

“It’s not yet finished my prince and the Old Tale is worse than what you have expected” added Lord Quinn.

“Uh... my friends” began Lord Dain (nervously) then all looked at the battleground where Lord Dain pointed out. All the jinns that were killed and (destroyed) are vanishing now but they are like mists circling in their place then one by one they began to form up again as what they are before but every jinn that are forming up again are beginning to multiply themselves into two (the others are into three as a matter of fact).

“No way!” exclaimed Couragesonn “But how Lord Barnes? How are they still alive and now multiplying?”

“It is part of their abilities my prince” began Lord Barnes.

“To take up an empty human or creature body” continued Lord Quinn.

“To be invisible” added Lord Barnes “to multiply themselves and much more my prince... much more abilities that they can do.”

After all the jinns got to multiply and form themselves again. They all looked at the lords and Couragesonn and surrounds them. The griffins and Leohnne are also shocked and was likely paralyzed as the jinn harpies surround them (again) while the dragon stopped attacking them (more like the dragon is saying “Finally I got some rest”).

Then the young prince took a look at Lord Barnes “Are you with me?”

Lord Barnes nodded and smiled at the prince.