Chapter 12: Old Friend

"Well here we are” Lord Thaddeus began as they reached the Dining Hall’s door.

As Lord Thaddeus opened the door, Couragesonn felt nervous to see the king and the others inside “I hope that the twins are here” he wondered “Oh yes of course they’re inside. They are the sons. Silly me!”

Couragesonn and Lord Thaddeus entered the Dining Hall and there inside, King Centaurion, the twins, Lord Barnes, Lord Digory and the tutor are on their seats waiting for Lord Brommin, Lord Thaddeus and General Cornelius to come.

“Finally, you are here Lord Thaddeus!” the king began “But where’s Lord Brommin and General Cornelius?”

“Sire, General Cornelius is with his old friend in the mean time while Lord Brommin picked up the family of General Cornelius’ old friend” Lord Thaddeus answered.

“And who might be this young man?” the king asked.

“Oh, I am Couragesonn sire, son of General Cornelius and knight of the South” Couragesonn answered.

“Couragesonn?” the king added, but Couragesonn got confused for he and the king had met before.

“Sorry King Centaurion, but I think you already know me.”

The king frowns.

“Uh... I am sorry sire for talking like that.”

All of the others are silent as they listen to the conversation of King Centaurion and Couragesonn.

“Mess with my father huh?” whispered Charv but Chev stops him “Charv, keep calm.”

“But that Couragesonn is making father mad!”

“It won’t last brother.”

Then Charv calmed down.

After of moments of silence, the king answered Couragaesonn

“The son of General Thaddeus, knight of the South and of the West.....”

“The West?” Charv whispered to Chev.

“Meaning he’s a knight here?” Chev added.

“Can’t be! He’s too young to be a knight.”

“And it’s weird that he’s a knight here on our Kingdom.”

Then the king continued “I am expecting you.”

“Expecting?!” Charv continued.

“Let’s just listen to them brother.”

“Yeah, whatever you say.”

“Thank you sire” Couragesonn answered then he kneeled in the king’s front.

“Rise Couragesonn.” Then both the king and Couragesonn smile but the others are wondering what’s happening “Well then, let’s begin our diner while waiting for the others to come” the king ordered, and so, all of them began their diner while waiting for the others.

After ten minutes, someone opened the door of the Dining Hall. It was Lord Brommin, Georgia and Arabella who came.

Lord Brommin began introducing them to the others “My king, princes and my fellow lords, this is Arabella, wife of Arthur and this is their daughter Georgia.”

Couragesonn was stunned as he saw Georgia. He stood up from his seat and whispered “Georgia?”

“Seems that this knight has feelings” Charv whispered to Chev who is laughing with him.

“Please Couragesonn, take your seat” the king ordered.

“I never thought that she could be beautiful like that. Oh!” Couragesonn wondered.