Chapter 21: The Land of Misery

“You mean that you were like imprisoned inside his flames?”

“Yes my prince and as the time went by, his flames are firing up and inside which we were fighting, it became hotter and hotter causing me to release my hold on my sword and after I was disarmed, Brycerion laughed then vanished” continued Lord Gregory “Then after a moment, I’ve suddenly fainted. Then when I was awakened, I saw myself here at the Land of Misery which I’ve also wondered why people here are expressionless or sad.”

“Wait sire, I am really wondering where we are. So where are we sire?” interrupted Charv.

“We are here at the place behind the portal” answered Lord Gregory or as we call and named it The Land of Misery.”

“Then how can we get out of here?” added Charv.

“No one knows my prince” replied Lord Gregory.

“Then what should we do now?” continued Charv.

“There is one great way” began Lord Gregory “You may communicate to the real world.”

“But how?” asked Charv “Haven’t you tried that before I came here?”

“No and we can’t” answered Lord Gregory.

“Why not sire?” asked Charv.

“Here, we are only spirits. Spirits that can do nothing. We cannot communicate to other people outside, we cannot smile and the only thing we can do is to have hope and faith” answered Lord Gregory.

“Then why I can speak to the people outside?” added Charv.

“As I’ve told you earlier, that is because you are not separated from your body. Your body is the connection to the real world, with it you can communicate to the real world” answered Lord Gregory.

“But how can I communicate to them when I’m here?” continued Charv.

“You have to go to the place where they are” answered Lord Greogry.

“Okay, so how in this world I will know where they exactly are?” added Charv.

“No one knows that but the best thing to do is to go to the place where you know where they spend their time most” replied Lord Gregory. “They can only hear you if both of you are on the same place” added Lord Gregory “If you try to speak Prince Chev here but turns out he isn’t here in the same place in the real world even though there are other people, they will not hear you.”

“So that means that me and the person whom I want to talk with must be in the same place at the same time?” added Charv “But if they can hear me, can I also hear them?”

“Yes my prince. ‘You can only hear and talk to me if I am calling you’” answered Lord Gregory.

“But why is that I am here if I can still communicate to the real ones?” added Charv.

“No idea my prince, only Lord Bryce or Brycerion can answer your question” answered Lord Gregory.

“Then there must be a way out of here! A way where I can escape!” exclaimed Charv.

“It’s better if you communicate to the others first” countered Lord Gregory.

“But how do I start sire?”

“Think first where you were transported here by Lord Bryce. In that place, maybe your brother is there for he may long to wait for your return” answered Lord Gregory.

“As I remember, I transported on the grounds near the Council.”

“Then we must go there now and try to communicate to your brother.”