Chapter 5: New Day and New Life for the twins

As the sun rose up, a new mission for each of them starts but before any missions to begin, all of them went to the Dining Hall to have their breakfast.

“Where is Lord Gregory father?” began Chev.

“Haven’t he came back yet since his disappearance yesterday?” continued Charv.

“He is, um....”

“Sire, they must know what have happened to Lord Gregory” added General Cornelius.

“I agree sire, they must know” furthered Lord Barnes.

“Ahem. If that’s the case, then they should know” the king answered.

“My sons, please bear not hard for what you about to hear.”

“Yes father, we won’t” replied Charv.

“You see, the Lord Gregory was found dead yesterday after supper.”

The twins were shocked as they’ve heard the terrible news.

“What happened father?” asked Chev.

“Was he killed or some health failures? If he’s killed, who did it then?” continued Charv.

“We just saw the body of Lord Gregory at the garden” answered Lord Brommin.

“We have no idea if he was killed and who could have done it if it wasn’t an accident” said Lord Digory.

“It seems that this breakfast is different from the breakfasts we had before, it’s not quiet” Lord Bryce interrupted.

“Well we have crisis these days Lord Bryce, there’s no bad if we try to have a conversation about it” Lord Digory continued.

“About death, while eating my Lord?” added Lord Bryce.

“Please my lords, we are here to eat and to talk not to start a fight” the king said.

“My apologies my king” apologized Lord Digory.

“Please just take your breakfast. No talking again as we used to do” the king ordered.

So the men at the table took no words till they finished their breakfast.

As the twins finished their meal, they left the Dining Hall along with their tutor to have their daily lectures again.

Then the six of them (General Cornelius, Lord Thaddeus, Lord Bryce, Lord Anthony, Lord Brommin and Lord Barnes) left the Dining Hall leaving the king and the Lord Digory inside. But while they are leaving the room, Lord Bryce is wondering why they are both left at the room and he wondered also if they are going to talk about the death of Lord Gregory.

“They will fail” he whispered to himself and so the six of them left the room.

“I will do it now my king” Lord Digory started.

“I want you to do it privately Lord Digory, and also remember to be cautious.”

“I will my king. My king, I wondered that only I and you know what I’ve seen on the garden last night.”

“Yes Digory, why?” said the king.

“Shouldn’t the others know too?”

“No, Digory, only you and I must know. The more will know, the harder your investigation will be.”

“Thank you sire for not pressuring me” answered Lord Digory “I must go now my king.”

“Good luck Lord Digory.” Lord Digory answered a smiled to the king then left the Dining Hall.