Chapter 13: The Message of King Centaurion

“Well, enough for that today I mean tonight” Lord Anthony whispered.

Then he unsaddled on his horse and took a water to drink. He also took some food both for him and the horse. He also made a bonfire before he ate. After he ate his little dinner, he tied up the horse in a tree then both of them rested.

In the other hand, Lord Bryce is not yet resting; in fact, he’s still journeying to the South but he’s a little far behind from where Lord Anthony is resting. 

Lord Bryce really wants to reach the Southern Kingdom as soon as possible. But during his journey, he became sleepy as the time went by causing him to get into sleep while he’s riding on the horse.

The birds are screeching while the sun is rising. The light beam of the sun reached the face of Lord Bryce causing him to be awakened.

“Where am I?” he began “The horse!” then he looks for the horse that he is riding and fortunately, the horse is not far from him.

He approached the horse and took food from the saddle. He also looks for pond or river so the horse can also drink. There was a pond near them so Lord Bryce took the horse and led it into the pond so the horse can drink while he takes his food. After which, they both continued their journey to the South.

Going back to Lord Anthony, he was awakened by the horse for the horse is licking his face.

“Oh!” he began as he woke up.

He also looked for a stream to wash his face. And there is a waterfall near them. So he washed his face there while the horse drank some water on the waterfall. After Lord Anthony washed his face, he approached the horse and took some food to eat; the horse also ate a little (grass, not a food from Lord Anthony). After they had finished their foods, Lord Anthony saddled back to the horse and continued their journey to the Southern Kingdom.

The journey of Lord Anthony and Lord Bryce took a week for they haven’t wasted a time. Lord Bryce finally reached the Southern Kingdom.

“Finally!” he whispered to himself and he is also really tired.

He unsaddled and just took a walk with his horse as they enter the gates.

Suddenly, the guards stopped them “Who are you and what is your purpose here in the Southern Kingdom of King Vilespiann?” one of the guards began to ask. Suddenly, the gate was opened.

“Put your weapons down guards!” the man ordered.

“Lord Quinn!” the guards exclaimed.

“He is a friend from the Western Kingdom of King Centaurion” began Lord Quinn

“He is Lord Bryce.”

The guards felt so sorry for they halted Lord Bryce from getting inside so both of them apologized to him.

“That’s okay, you are only doing your jobs” answered Lord Byrce.

“Lord Bryce!”

“Lord Quinn! Pleasure to meet you my lord!” began Lord Bryce.

“The pleasure is mine sire but please come with me, King Vilespiann is expecting you.”

Then both of them (along with the horse) set foot to the Council were the others are waiting for them. As they reached the door of the Council, Lord Quinn knocked three times.

“They must be here” began King Vilespiann. “About time!” added General Thomason.

“Please come in!” continued the king.